Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

MacBook PRO

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Pocket 
#1 ·
Who else has one?

I can certainly say that it is by far everything I have ever wished a laptop had for options and user friendlyness.

Wanting to know if any guru's have put Windows as a operating system on theirs?

IF so how is it performing for you? what version OS did you use?

IF you have any tips or tricks with the machine feel free to post it up.

My favorite one is the two finger slide of screen up or down, left or right.

And the three finger forward page, back page on safari.

#2 ·
I have a 2 year old Pro 17". I need to do some upgrades on the hard Drive, but nothing else.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP41.00C1.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.28f2
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Disabled

I'm running Snow Leopard, and just downloaded iTunes 10. I love it. I will never go back to a PC ever again.!!!!!!!!!!

#4 ·
i am on my second one now...dont know why you would ever infect it and even think about putting windows on it tho. I can do everything i need to with the mac os except for AE with i have a small pocket pc for.

I made the switch about 5ish years ago and have since converted quite a few people over.

#5 ·
I have one that I bought about two weeks ago. I considered returning it. As soon as I get windows on it so I can actually use it, I'll decide if I like it. If I don't I'll give it to my wife and buy a new PC for myself.

#6 ·
i have always had windows pc's but i have always wanted a mac. i think im gonna end up financing one as my laptop is on the way out.

#15 ·
Depends on what your doing with it... BUT the main advantages I see are the longevity... I have an old iBook that was the orgninal firewire iBook, (2000 was the year it was purchased)

It still can connect to the internet wireless and is fast enough to still load videos on youtube ( 10 years after it was purchased).

The security on them is so much nicer and the graphics cards in them are much better, problem is that softwear isnt made to run on them. THats why I have windows on all of my intel macs.... I also have an e machines desktop just for ####s and giggles...

Alot of my classes at Colorado School of Mines require programs that only run on a PC windows operating system, so thats why I have the emachines so I dont clutter up my mac book....

I love mine, as does everybody i know...

#16 ·
They are sweet machines, I have a one year old 13" pro. I think what makes it better for me is glass HD screen and trackpad, lighted keys and good key tactile response, automatic free updates, excellent security, exceptional battery life ect. I got the time machine which is a wireless router with managed users and I think a one gig backup built in. You can set backups for any time interval or do them on demand in the background. Haven't tried running windows on it yet, haven't had to but it is supposed to do it just fine. You guys that have tune files stored on your laptops, did you have to open in windows to use your macs?

#17 ·
I have a MacBook Pro 15in and love it. We had mac's in HS and i prefer them. I would never want to put anything but a mac OS on one. The ONLY thing that bothers me is sometimes when i refresh psn it says "Sorry - No matches please try some different terms" in todays posts or replies ect. Anyone had this problem? I just restart safari and it works.. Only happens once in a while

#20 ·
Learned something new today...

If you have a picture that is rotated or you want to rotate the picture, just twirl two fingers on the pad and it rotates and you can hold it in any spectrum of the 360* range. But will hold on any 90* point.

Pretty cool I thought.

#21 ·
I have a Macbook Pro, and it's the best laptop I've ever had. My wife just got a new Dell laptop with all the bells and whistles, and I still prefer my Mac.

Everyone has their favorites, Macs... PC's... it's all the same really.

I do run Windows on my Mac as well (Vista via Boot Camp). Vista believe it or not has run flawlessly the entire time I've had it on this computer. I do plan to upgrade to Windows 7 soon. I already have the disk, I just need to take the time to upgrade. Still debating on actually upgrading, or wiping the partition clean and installing from scratch. Decisions decisions.

I need to use Windows from time to time. My Minotaur software and chip burner doesn't work in OSX. I also have some landscaping design software that only works in Windows. I also have an SQL database, as well as still use Access. But probably 75% of my time is spent in OSX rather than Windows. I do a lot of web design, and a bit of graphic design, and the Mac is spectacular in that category.

In all, I've been very happy with it. When the time comes, I'll probably buy another Mac for myself. But I still have a few years left on this one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.