Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Black Exhaust

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Blcksmk08 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever took there normal exhaust and blacked it out like the black series MBRP. I have a 5" with 6" tip currently on my truck and wanting to black it out without buying a new exhaust can you get the exhaust powdercoated? I know i could spray paint it but I am worried about dicoloring and wear and tear. Does anyone of pics of there black exhaust? Thanks

#3 ·
The BBQ paint will holdup also you can use stove pipe paint both are designed for high heat app's. I did a gas exhaust once with stove paint it held up good, main thing is make sure its clean and use plenty of paint.

#4 ·
I had my tailpipe pc'ed. It is infront of the rear tire so i didnt want it to stand out because the bed and side boxes, tires, wheels are all black.

#7 ·
powdercoat will not hold up. It will crack and rust. I have a ceramic coated stack setup black. its sick. i can touch the stacks right after a hard run and they r just warm. I recently put a downpipe in and put the vht ceramic flame proof paint black and it is holding up really well no discoloration or peeling. i can get some pics tomorrow if u want them. kinda dark now.

#13 ·
The stacks are the easiest to see the ceramic coating. I just went outside and snapped a pic. My truck is filthy so they r too. The white spots r moisture spots from the somewat cool mornings here. They whipe right off with some glass cleaner. I no i should have cleaned them but no time just wanted to show u the coating. When they r clean they are a deep satin black. This coating is a 1200 degree coating and they have a flat black 2000 degree coating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.