Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

bad shaking when brakeing

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  dieselboy01 
#1 ·
When I hit my brakes the truck has a horrible shake to it. I've replaced eveything brake related in the rear and 2 sets of rotors up front. I've checked all my u bolts and links and there all tight. The whole front end is new, bearings tie rods ball joints steering stb. I set up a dial indicator on all the rotors and the most I'm off is .002" that's nothing. I'm running out of ideas and things to check. Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Nope wheel doesn't shake at all.

#5 ·
what about calipers and slides?

#6 ·
They are brand new rotors, calipers, slides, and caliper brackets in the rear, just new rotors in the front.

#8 ·
So your saying my new rotors could be chewed up due to bad metal and that could cause the truck to shake?

#9 ·
I have seen a couple rotors that I got for crap cars that were $19 autozone cheapies that seemed to have hard spots that didn't wear evenly. I have seen on friends cars that when they did a break job and left greasy hand prints on the rotors that, that upset the break in pretty bad. It was just a suggestion, I been way off before...

#10 ·
I will check the rotors. They wernt the cheepist ones tho, i want to say they were around 60 per rotor at bumper to bumper.

#11 ·
Is your truck 2wd or 4wd?

#12 ·
4wd

#13 ·
What i dont get is the truck doesnt shake all the time, and if its loaded or i have a trailer it wont shake.

#15 ·
well at least im not the only one. Do you have any ideas of what is could be, or anything else to try?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.