Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Front 05 to 01 swap

5K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  deiter5262 
#1 ·
I came across this bumper, grille, light setup for the 05-07 superduty. I want to convert my 01 frontend to this setup. What other parts would I need? From what I read, I need a header panel, a 9007 to H13 harness for the lights, and possibly some new brackets for the bumper. If I need brackets for the bumper, do you know where I can get these? Anything else required? I hope to bolt it all in place of the existing frontend. Thanks.

Bumper/Grille Kit

#4 ·
I haven't done this yet but I've had a few people tell me you don't need the brackets for the bumper, it will bolt up and hold just fine, for additional support you can put on the 05-07 brackets. You can also modify your existing 01 header panel just cut it out so the 05-07 lights fit in flush!

#7 ·
Thanks for the tips. I was reading a couple different howto guides and from what I have seen people are using the same front brackets that mount on via four bolts around the hooks. It looks like the side brackets might need to be changed though since from the pictures I have seen the bottom of the new bumper sits lower than the factory one. I was looking at my current bumper and it has both the brackets around the hooks and the ones on the side.

#8 ·
post up pics of the swap, specifically the bumper brackets old versus nwr 05 brackets..thanks

#10 ·
I have 05 front end on my 01 I don't remeber needing differnt bumper brackets. I just cut my 01 header panel and put 05 harley lights in.

#12 ·
i got a bumper off an 06 model from a junk yard. had brackets and everything already on it. unbolted the old, bolted on the new..also went with the header panel cause i didn't like the thought of zip ties holding the bottom of the grill..see my avatar for the 05 front..

#13 ·
how much did you pay for the bumper and header panel casper $300?

#14 ·
500 for the bumper..luckily, it was already white with all brackets and valences..and 160 or so for the header..

#15 ·
wow they really do range in price, I'm looking for one right now myself! Darn junk yards are just pocketing all that money we pay then I know it (commision based sales), so I refuse to pay that much for a used bumper! I'm still hunting right now..

#16 ·
yea, the bumper was the hardest part for me to find at a reasonable price...

#17 ·
Could someone post a list of OEM part numbers needed for this swap. I want to put the 2007 front end onto a 2003. My local dealer damaged the front bumper when it was in for service, and are replacing it along with selling me the other needed parts at their cost. I just want to make sure I get all the right parts the first time.

Part numbers for...

2007 Chrome Grille w/Emblem
2007 chrome Bumper
2007 Upper plastic bumper cap
2007 Lower plastic Valance
2007 Headlights (Harley Davidson)
2007 Header Panel
Bumper Brackets
Bumper Clips

Also I need a source for headlight pigtails

Will the 2003 fog lamps work with the 2007 front end?

Will alot of the bolts/other hardware holding on the 2003 front end be used to mount the 2007 front?

Thanks for the help!!!!

Badger

#19 ·
Badger that should be all that you need to get the swap done, hopefully the new parts come with bolts, screws, etc. You will need an adapter for the headlights, do a search on here and you can find a link to where you can get one pretty quick. It sounds like you got one hell of a deal there from the dealer. ;)

#18 ·
Are the headlights a necessary part of the swap? I have an 04 X, and like the stock lights well enough (they're clear). If I just use an 05-up bumper and grille, will it fit well with my 04 lights?

thanks,
-Brian

#20 ·
yes. it will work but, you will have to secure the bottom of the grill with something like zip ties..it won't pop into the bottom of the header panel like the 99-04 grills..

#24 ·
I have been doing some more searching around. I think I am going to go with the harley style headlights. I found this kit that includes the harness:

Headlights

I found this grille that I am thinking of going with that should hopefully look good with the headlights:

Grille

I am trying to decide whether to go all black for the bumper or go with a chrome black combo. All together I am coming out to $830 shipped so far including the header panel but without the bumper brackets. I think I might hold on the brackets and see if the existing ones work first.

#25 ·
So this is what the dealer came back to me with. This total is supposed to be for new OEM parts in the list below.

All parts for a 2007 F350

Chrome Grille w/Emblem
Chrome Bumper
Upper plastic bumper cap
Lower plastic Valance
Headlights (Harley Davidson)
Header Panel
Bumper Brackets
Misc hardware/clips/bolts

Dealer cost: $1964.47
Retail: $2473.35

Does this seem a bit high to anyone else, or is it just me?

#26 ·
Yeah, about 4 times to high....I guess everything is brand new but still that is higher than hell...I just picked my front 06 bumper up for $180 including shipping, then get it painted, harley grill, header panel, harley lights, headlight wire adapter...I should still have under $600 in the complete swap!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.