Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

HID's with harley lights??

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  SKWERL 
#1 ·
anybody running them? i heard the harley headlight may scatter the light, looking for info!!

#2 ·
I have 2 friends with 05+ trucks with Harley lights and both have HID's. I've driven both trucks at night and didn't have a problem seeing, I've got HID's in my 450 now and the visual effect was about the same.

#4 ·
thank you sir!!

No you should be good, the reflective part of the harley lights is identical to the regular lights, the only difference is the lense material around it is either chrome or black. Scott runs HIDs, and a couple others i have seen look just fine. I have been wanting to do it forever, but the budget seams to flex more for engine parts rather than lights.
done deal.

#3 ·
No you should be good, the reflective part of the harley lights is identical to the regular lights, the only difference is the lense material around it is either chrome or black. Scott runs HIDs, and a couple others i have seen look just fine. I have been wanting to do it forever, but the budget seams to flex more for engine parts rather than lights.

#5 ·
there was no difference from mine with HID's when i painted mine like the harley lights

#9 ·
Got HIDs on my 06 with Harley lights and don't have any problems Mike. FWIW my HIDs are Retro-Solutions.

#12 ·
55watt 5000K Retro kit in my OEM Harley lights...light pattern is exactly what you'd expect for an HID bulb in a non projector housing.
Much brighter...not as focused as a projector...still infinitely better than stock.

#13 ·
05 harley lights with retro's HID on low beam with the sun behind me

i need to adjust the lights a little higher..i did it by eye and didnt want to blind people..i also should have taken these pix in a field rather then a old rail road yard...there is a steep hill to my right..
Low beam

High Beam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.