Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

On board Air setups?

27K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  youngproducer 
#1 ·
Im thinking about putting a compressor in my toolbox with some kind of quick connect for power... Lookin for good compressors and ideas! Show me what ya got!

#2 ·
I know my dad did a small pancake compressor in his tool box just has to run a extension cord to it which i dont like but he plummed the air hookup and the plug to its outside of the box so plug an extension cord and air hose in and your good to go. Or are you talking about a compressor sys. wired into your vehicles batteries? May be able to get some pics sometime if you want.

#4 ·

5 gallon tank, 200psi, 50' hose reel, Power inverter for tools as well...

#6 ·
10,000 watt inverter, pumping 115volts, to a 2.5hp air compressor, filling 15 gallons of air.

For air horns, ARB air lockers in both axles, airing my tires up after 4 wheeling, and air tools.

"something I can use in the middle of no where if need be"

That is the beauty of having 115volts at my disposal.....

......middle of the woods, 75ft extension cord, to a 200watt flood light to take this pic for Halloween

Screw that 12 volt crap!!!!...I want POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!

#9 ·
i just did a train horn setup with a Viair 280C compressor, 1.5 gallon tank and singe 40" horn. it is all mounted on the right frame rail completely hidden. it is wired to the #1 upfitter switch.

i'll get some pics tomorrow. i just need to add a outlet to connect an air line and i have 150 PSI on tap!

#10 ·
I'm running a Viair 480C. Mounted on the frame below the back seat. Inlet tube goes up through the floor so the filter is inside the cab behind the seat. 5 gallon tank and a set of Grover emergency horns.

#14 ·
I have $350 in the train horn set up, which included the compressor, horns and 5 gallon tank, then about $120 in the inverter and $40 bucks or so in an AMP install kit... The inverter will run a hammer drill, 1/2" drill and what not. If it struggles, I just kick the truck into high idle and go to down...

Oh and $50 bucks for the hose reel at Home Depot...

#15 ·
CSI - nice setup

Tank - overkill as usual... nice
Dont you have an air tank in your front bumper as well??

Im thinking about getting helper airbags on my 250..
If I do, Id like to add a small tank to fill 4 wheeler tires mostly (like 12 psi max)

I dont have a toolbox, because I have an 80 gallon fuel tank behind the cab, so Id have to mount it under the truck somewhere...
Anyone got pics like that??

#16 ·
Just for reference...

110 gallon tank and crossbox...

#18 ·
I will try to get some pics of mine i have a 12v 3/4hp compressor from just air bag it and 2 5 gallon tanks. I run train horns off of it and sometime air tools. You can run a impact but have to wait for it to catch up if you are changing wheels or something. I would like to add a second compressor on it.i also have a 1500w inverter mounted behind the back set with one outlet there one where the stock mp3 player port was and one in the bed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.