Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

67 Ford F250 Rebuild

14K views 49 replies 20 participants last post by  predator86 
#1 ·
im rebuilding this 67 ford and planning to put a diesel in it or a 5.4 modular v8 with a procharger, it will be my daily driver and tow rig so in time it will get all the extras, but for now im guna start simple and do allt he body work and exhaust. its got a 352cu in small block in it now and shes a lil short on power compared to my 6blowLOL

if anyone has a 67 cab around anywhere thats in good shape let me know i would be interested, everything in the cab is run on pull knobs and i think thats pretty damn neat :D

See less See more
#2 ·
sweet ole truck.

#3 ·
nice, reminds me of my dads '69 f250 crew cab, wish we still had that truck

#7 ·
:ford: Its nice to see another old ford get a new life :ford: Im working on a 77 CCSB now im going with a p-pump and a nv4500. That 352 FE block you can get some power out of them but there not cheep to build. Good luck with the build..

#8 ·
You can get power out of the FE motors. You would be better with the a 390 out of a 2 wheel truck though. the 352 1nd 360 is just a slow truck motor. Its going to suck down the gas though. And it will never pull like a diesel. And from my experience with the 5.4's is that they like to rev and aren't torquey at all. Not great for pulling. Make decent power for a little gas engine just no torque. A super charger would help but obviously you need a diesel in it. :evil

#10 ·
the title says 67 :confused: the 67 cab from what i've read is the only year of that body style that had push/pull knobs to operate the stuff inside the cab, i looked at a 5.9 cummins for it today, its a rotary pumped model and its a fresh rebuilt irrigation engine setting on a stand as we speak.

anyone know how hard it would be to swap it over to an inline pump?

#12 ·
thats kinda what i was thinking, cuz if it gets a 12valve i damn sure want it to have big enough injectors and pump to handle a set of twin turbos

#17 ·
well currently i am welding in new floor pans, and building a new RH side cab mount, ill have pics up after i get them done, got alot of cancer on this cab so im going to see how good i am at body work LOL (thats the best joke any of you have ever heard, i know) so go ahead and chuckle but please post up any helpful comments you have. this is my first real project vehicle and im going to build all my own pieces for this rebuild rather than ordering them from LMC. I ejnoy a challenge and like perfecting new talents as well

thanks for looking

#18 ·

new floor pan, 1/8" plate steel

left hand door jam cancer

left hand door jam, floorboard cancer

right hand door jam/ floor board cancer

another view of rh door jam cancer

#21 ·

door jam cancer gone ;)

i realize that yes i did build this in 5 peices but to me with the tools available that was the best way of doing it

got a lil more to do on the inside on the drivers side then onto the passenger side

little skim coat action on the exterior, block it off, prime, more blocking, then primer, wetsand, IMRON 5000 base/clear

#22 ·
I think you are doing great using what you have available. Unfortunately I think my '68 F100 2wd project is on it's way down the road soon. No money or time right now and the neighbors and city are frowning on me.
When the time is right, another classic will be in the driveway.

Good luck on yours and keep up the good work.

#24 ·
i may, i know the bottom will be rhino lined but the rest of the pickup may be painted an off white, black out the glass, tint on the top of the windshield. gotta decide how far im guna go on the inside of the cab though

#27 ·
#37 ·
I thought about putting a 12 valve Cummings in my '68 for the ease of install but just couldn't cheat on the Powerstroke.

#39 ·
im in the same boat danny, i would really like to put a 6.0 or 7.3 in, how hard would it be to transplant a 6.4? that would be awesome but i think it would just be retarded hard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.