Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Which Clutch?

838 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  DevilDocTater 
#1 ·
Well my race file is spinning my stock clutch! So which clutch do i go with? Im leaning towards South Bend, but i looked and have a ton of options! Anyone have suggestions and or Part numbers/prices?

Thanks for the help!!!

-Wade

#3 ·
I just got a Southbend DD. I have a friend with one in his dodge and a friend with one in a OBS. You can't go wrong with the performance lof a southbend DD clutch. If you ever do a turbo upgrade or injectors you will need one. That's y I would go with a dd if I were you.

#5 ·
Yeah i did some reading on South Bends website, i just need to figure out how much HP im running. I think my race file is 160hp....but they say your clutch needs to be matched as close as possible, but what if you switch to a tow tune that is 100hp less??

#6 ·
Yes that is what they told me as well. The smallest dd clutch is 650 rwhp. With a good tuned truck with fuel system you will be at about 450 rwhp+. if you put injectors in it down the road you'll be over the limit on tha big single. I thank it like 500rwhp. But I have had friends slip that clutch pulling and raceing with 400 to 450 rwhp. I wouldent risk it for 1000.00. I know the dd is high. But that's alot of clutch man. If I were you I'd go with the smallest DD they have and you will be fine.

#7 ·
sweet, yeah im gonna go with the Dual Disk setup!!! thanks for all the help!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.