Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

small vibration

3K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  fordman2121 
#1 ·
I'm getting a small vibration. I can feel it in the steering wheel and the pedals. If I let off the gas it goes away.

Carrier bearing?

#4 ·
new tires less then a month old. The only thing throwing me off is when I let off the fuel it stops.

Had it on the interstate yesterday and it got louder. Drop it into neutral and it went away. Going to swap out the carrier bearing and see what it does.

#7 ·
There are a few cures, to diff causes.
Carrier bearing, grease the slip joint, ujoint and ball joints..being the more common.
Mine was the ball joints..how is or was your tire wear on the front.

#9 ·
I have the same thing. Every u joint front to rear are good, front wheel bearings are perfect, seems to be from rear end for 2 seconds when letting of throttle. Replaced carrier bearing, no change. Also noticed the same vibration in the last 250 feet of braking. I inspected the brakes and the rear shot, going to replace and see if this helps...

#10 ·
Did you find anything yet? I have the same thing and I can feel it in the floor and pedals. I have narrowed it down to being only when the converter is locked though...

#11 ·
replaced the carrier bearing and still have it. Getting no vibration from the steering wheel, mostly in the seat and pedals. The faster I go the worse it gets...

#18 ·
It has slowly gotten worse. I did some long highway runs yesterday and noticed its speed related/ drive shaft speed. At lower speeds if I let off the gas it goes away.

#21 ·
if it is the seat shaking it is more rear oriented, if the wheel shaes it is front.
my rear ujoint caps were spinning there was a bright shiny ring showing threw the rest of the normal road grime.

#22 ·
Going to replace the center u joint. I want to replace the clamps and hardware also but can't find them. Any help...or should I go to Ford?

#24 ·
Check your tie rod ends and drag link ends. The whole tie rod assembly. Mine is doing about exactly what you have described. I noticed my tie rod ends have play in them. I think that under power it somehow is magnifying it. It is at higher speeds over 60 + MPH.

I am replacing the entire tie rod/drag assembly from knuckles to pitman arm.

#25 ·
Im having the same problem with the Ex. It started doing it after I lifted it. I can see that my pinon angle is off from where it was before. I need more angle on my lift block. I found a guy that will custom make me blocks for about 100 bucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.