Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

got in a wreck :(

13K views 121 replies 46 participants last post by  daryl4412 
#1 ·
so i was pulling out of school this morning cuz i had to go to court for a trafiic ticket (failure to stop behind a stop sign lol). Anyways i had to cross two lanes to get past median to go the direction i needed to and i wait for it to be clear. Keep in mind speed limit is 25 around schools. well this guy may of been 50-75 yards when i pull out well as i pull out i notice out of corner of my eye he was hauling while switching lanes. he hit me doing roughly 50. i traded insurance and what not but when i called his insurance they laughed about it and wouldnt give me info. So i called my insurance germania and there going after his and what not. any one no any good collision repairs in houston area??

#2 ·
you're screwed dude. with no police report or ticket his insurance will deny it unless he mans up and says it was his fault. been there and gone through that.

#4 ·
well my insurance is germania and when i was on the phone with her i gave her a policy number and agency and who i spoke with the name of company and description. she said that germania was the best at winning in these situations so hopefully shes right

#15 ·
:whs: The other was not going 50.

What's to stop the other from saying that he was going the speed limit and you just pulled out in front of him. He had the right of way, you failed to yield.
I also think that it is amusing that your company claims to be the best and you fell for it. Have you ever heard of a company claiming to be second best? A lot of companies claim to be the best at various things and a lot of individuals claim that one certain company is the best at something. If you don't believe go look at one of the "Who's tunes are best" threads.

#14 ·
Your problem is that no matter how fast the othr guy was going you didn't yeild him the right of way so the accident was your fault. I had a friend that was T boned by a drunk driver driving with no head lights. My friend got a ticket for not yeilding and had to take the drunk to court to try and get his truck fixed.

#18 ·
One of my good friends knocked the back axle out of a 3/4 ton suburban with a lexus is300 and he only hit him going 35-40 tops. 50 mph and at least if not both of those vehicles should not have been able to drive away in your situation.

And who leaves the scene of accident with just information of the other driver now days?? Especially a 50mph collision.

You never seen where two ppl got in a wreck and left the vehicles where they were so a report could be written? As of now your insurance company is going to be goin on what you tell them. Which is fine but what do you think the other is gonna tell his?

#20 ·
...... what do you think the other is gonna tell his?
"Some bald kid named Betty pulled out in front of me, rolling coal, spinning one back tire and I hit him. The he got out of his truck and started screaming at me with very poor grammar. I was so scared that I left the scene. I guess it was a good thing that I was driving slowly in that school zone and that left my vehicle drivable."

#24 ·
i'm not normally one to give advice like this but.... do you guys really need to belittle him? i'm assuming that he is still a young kid if he is in school. He may not be wise to the correct way to do things in a situation like this. i know that i had to learn from experience in this situation. i know i'm gonna catch flack for this, but i though we were here to help each other and gain from everyone's experiences. ok, my rant is over, flame away...

#25 ·
Wonder if this accident wasn't reported cause someone might have been avoiding the silver bracelets:poke: Look on the bright side you might have a wrecked truck but it didn't hit your MVR... Just sayin

#30 ·
x2

#29 ·
FIRST thing to do in a wreak is call the cops & don't go moving things around till they show up. It's that simple, by driving off the cops could have arrested either one of you for leaving the scene of a wreak.

BTW I took that picture your using in your avatar when I was in Baytown.

#50 ·
FIRST thing to do in a wreak is call the cops & don't go moving things around till they show up. It's that simple, by driving off the cops could have arrested either one of you for leaving the scene of a wreak.

BTW I took that picture your using in your avatar when I was in Baytown.
Not true one to leave cars in the road on simple accidents. Not true generally on leaving the scene on simple non injury, DUI, etc accidents.

#31 ·
i dont see how i have karma mr cope spitter i took motor back and david refunded the 1400. and i dont see how it can be karma becuase i did the right thing in the end and me not noing that stats of the motor and to answer these questions i dont see how he managed to travel that fast to hit me from where he was bottom line is trucks going to collison shop getting a bed and a new paint job all the way around

#32 ·
sucks to hear, unfortunately people hear have a pretty good memory and it will take a while for people to see your okay. I think you did the right thing on the motor, Sorry to hear about the crash- I've had a few bad ones also. Good luck

#36 ·
Ok so let me get this straight........ You got hit broad side by another car doing 50 and all the damage that was done is to the bed? You didnt call the cops?

Im sorry but your just young and dumb. The first thing you do is always call the cops when you get into a wreck. Secondly I highly doubt the other guy was going 50 if all the damage is just to the bed. Getting hit broad sided like that by a car traveling that fast will have bent the frame and more then likely put your truck on its side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.