Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Lift Shackle-Want to build my own???

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Jason.Horath 
#1 ·
I'm interested in building my own lift shackles and was hoping that someone could give me their measurments from thier own shackles.

#2 ·
I am assuming for the front leafs???? Are you planning to do both the hanger and shackle or just the shackle? If just the shackle it can have consequences with the alignment settings

#3 ·
sled dog lemme know how much you want I will try to take the measurements today for you....lemme know how much you want to make me a set as well though.

Chad

#4 ·
I need the length of the hanger, hole center to center, material thickness basically all of the measurements and pics. My buddy would build these things for a VERY resonable cost and he is a cert. welder. He has HASS CNC lathes, etc. He's ALSO ASE cart. so he brings tons of knowledge and is always game to build a better product for less money.

#5 ·
So what your asking is for someone to provide the knowledge that another company has spent from R&D so your bud can copy it to sell..won't get help from anyone that cares about protecting another persons work.

Its one thing to build a one off set for yourself totaly different to make them for profit. IMO

#6 ·
True to a point, I actually spoke to you last week about them and you never got back to me so I moved on. I'm still interested in the Bilteins also. But My budget it getting tighter every day since I now have to fix my dirtbike since a girl rode the wrong way on a track and I hit her head-on doing 50+mph.
I have no problem with a company making as much profit as they can, but that doesn't mean I have to pay it. I would NEVER condone copying anothers trademarked/patented work to re-sell. but it's ok to use as a reference and to improve apon to use, and yes possibly sell. After-alll someone makes the first of everything and other copy, but it's the ones who improve a product that sell usually. But again I just want my own dang set more than anything right now and I sure the heck can't justify nor will I spend $800 on a hanger kit.

#7 ·
you can buy a 1.5" warrior shackle for about 50$ with zerk fittings, i think thats pretty cheap

#8 ·
Hey sleddogg, to make shackles you should need anything cnc. unless you are going to make billet shackles:pointlaugh: you shouldn't need someone to take measurements for you. if you want X amount of lift extend your shackles by twice the amount of X. how about you do some homework for yourself? i have build A LOT of custom suspension parts and full systems. i would be pissed if someone copied and tried to sell any of them, now if they built their own that looked similar then fine. there are only soo many ways you could design a set of shackle for example. DON'T come on a public forum and ask for measurements so you can build and sell sets for a profit.

btw, how do you feel after you hit head on, on a dirt bike, at 50+mph?

#9 ·
I never intended to sell any, someone asked after the fact. And since the truck in question had a close encounter with a a tree and lost I'll be needing no shackles at this time. And I'm still sore from the dirtbike accident but I put my bike back together today atleast. Lil happiness after totaling my truck last nite.

#10 ·
I know this is an old thread and not to beat a dead horse....but I particularly think it's bs for "Sponsors" to bag on registered consumers of this or any other forum. Innovative or not we all do our own research and development by studying someone elses work, failures, successes, and theories. It's a shame that because YOU think YOU are owed something from everyone that you scold someone trying to make it themselves. I mean really, did you actually invent the idea of a shackle lift or even a shackle? NO, but you sure as hell have the market cornered on a$$hole. It's not like you invented the wheel. So give me the measurements, not cause I want to skimp on research and development but because I came to a forum created for fans of a particular vehicle that I USE as a TOOL to find ideas to customize my vehicle to how I suit. Sorry I didn't send you $500.00 dollars to ship me something someone else already built. The world is full of reverse engineering, get used to it. Now what are the dimensions? LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.