Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

coolant puking @ WOT

5K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  06f250powerstroke 
#1 ·
it only pukes when i make a 1/4 pass and only at the end of the track ( back road ) im studded, deleted, with a rcd 64mm and 155cc could this be the oil cooler starting to go? just driving it around its fine no puking out the degas bottle? any ideas where to start

#3 ·
does it puke when your romping on it on the street at all like shorts pulls or when u load it up with the torque converter locked?

best way is to test the cap make sure its not faulty, and then pressure test the coolant system. When ur studded u can kinda get away with driving it even tho they are blown. I drove mine for 6 months i think w/ blown gaskets never over heated or anything just pushed coolant when i romped on it or loaded the boost up past 25psi or when i was towing something pretty heavy in the heat.

Ben Y

#4 ·
yeah it only pukes when i hit 100mph or so driving around its just fine doesnt puke it all if i turn it to my towing program only on the race file it does it . It will hit 40psi or more on the boost gauge

#6 ·
head gaskets. i had the same problems for awhile. changed the gaskets and machined the heads and made 7 11 second passes with spray and no puking what so ever. as much as i wanna say change your cap or timing boiling coolant, its gonna be gaskets.

#7 ·
:whs:

unfortunatly I havent made any 11 sec passes but I bet its your gaskets beginning to go. or cracked heads which is less likely. pressure tends to find the weakest link which is usuially the gasket.

#9 ·
maybe the block wasnt flat? maybe you can go back to where you had it done and they can help you out..... but generally there is a limited warranty\liability provided with any work done like this. i wouldnt mention that it only pukes at over 100 mph and after a 1/4 mile run, because I think then you will SOL when it comes them cutting you a break on anything....

#10 ·
the reason i had the problem was i had ford do my studds before i ever worked on these trucks. they werent allowed to machine my heads flat. the mechanic said he checked them and they were within spec. there spec isnt very flat lol. when i pulled my heads after that my gaskets were pretty bad. keep in mind it never puked intil i sprayed it pretty hard or i was into it for quite awhile.

#15 ·
I drove mine for a long long time with blown head gaskets...... If you tear it down, I would deck the heads, and check the block.... then if you want to do new studs and gaskets..... you should be fine.

#18 ·
Get the heads machined, reuse the studs, and get some Victor Reinz or Black Onyx gaskets.

#21 ·
ok Its at the dealer now and they called and told me that there are going to replace the coolant bottle because thats what there saying is the problem is this a possibility?

#23 ·
haha your right... got it back today threw my street file in and let it rip and the engine took a coolant bath haha. so im thinkin of gettin liberators o-ringed heads and black onxy gaskets also im guna see if they will put in a new oil cooler. anything else you think i should throw in while there there or tell them to do something a certain way so i dont have problems later.

#28 ·
holy its bad now i just raced my buddys 09 cabellos edition and when i passed him he had to use his widow washers because of the anti-freeze coming out haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.