Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Which Bumper

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  TARM 
#1 ·
In the process of getting rid of my chrome bumpers what do y'all think look better the 99-07 or 08+ on a 2006 f250 and I have the backup sensors wondering if the sensors will work with a newer bumper thanks

#2 ·
I like the 08 rear bumper myself, hard as hell to find up here though...those backup sensors are garbage IMO, so if they don't work not a big loss

#5 ·
Worst case if you got an 08 bumper with sensors and they had a different plug (which I would doubt) then I would imagine you could swap in your old sensors into the new bumper.

Oh just remembered, shoot a PM over to Steph aka HRSEPWR She replaced the rear bumper on her gas truck with an 08 bumper. The old bumper had sensors and the new one had sensors too. I remember her saying it was a PITA to find an 08 with sensors in it, but never said anything about having trouble making it work on the older (05) truck.

#9 ·
Drill out the holes and mount the old sensors in the new bumper. I can not tell you how many times those sensors have saved me from hitting those damn short protection poles. The ones that cause 90% of the rear bumper and back are of the quarter panel damage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.