Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Need help with vibration

730 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  SKWERL 
#1 ·
I just installed some 6in rear blocks and Now I'm getting a slight vibration from the drive line around 60-68 MPH. The blocks are steel and have a *5 tapper to them. They also have three holes for the center pin to line up with and the holes are about a 1/4in apart. I put the center pin in the center hole on the block.

I don't know if the pinion angle is correct and I don't know how to check it. Any help would be great!

#2 ·
the short side of the blocks should face the front of the vehicle,also you probly need a carrier bearing drop kit to straighten out your rear driveshaft,got mine at top gun customz,@ $60,i think,good luck

#4 ·
I have the same prob on our ex I just lifted. I can tell my pionon angle is off but havent got a shim kit yet. When the truck is sitting the the driveshaft should point directly at the pionon and vise versa. ie. about 1*

#6 ·
Lol, Im runnin a 6in block and a 1.5 Add-A-Leaf. Took the leaf out today then noticed some play in the U joints. Fixin them tomorrow and also just bought some 6in springs to replace the blocks. Wish I woulda done it right the first time :doh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.