Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

early 90's excursion?

9K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  theelcaminoman 
#1 ·
did ford ever produce an early 90's f series body style excursion/suburban type vehicle? I saw one in traffic today it said f-250 on the side, had 4 doors with the outside grab handles, and there was no gap between what would be the cab and bed. it had a bronco type camper shell on it. it was the size of a 250 crew cab short bed. 4x4 and it was a diesel. it didn't look like some kind of custom job the paint would have been better than the tan/white/tan two tone. was this vehicle made in Canada or some other country? I didn't see where the plates were from.

#2 ·
It was a custom conversion. Centurion made those

#9 ·
I'll do ya one better, check this out:

[/IMG]

It's got a 6.9 IDI diesel and a 4spd.:evil
:ford:

#12 ·
That is really cool. I have also seen a few Centurions in Idaho. I even saw one for sale once. Wish I could bought it...

#13 ·
There was also a company that made 2 gen dodge suburbans, and 2nd gen crew cab dodges. I would love to find that old company.

#15 ·
All i can say is wow... that thing is purdy! I had no idea that the "pre-excursion" you guys are talking about were made, there is one here in nampa a few miles from me that i just figured was an excellent custom job. Its white looks basically like a 4dr bronco and has a 7.3 psd.

#18 ·
sorry to bring up a super old post, but do these things really bring a premium yet??? My ex-father in law has one that is just sitting...I do believe its a gasser. its got alum rims and the front fenders are different color as well as some rust, but Im just wondering what they could be worth....

#19 ·
They seemed to have some rot issues in the roof and rear because of the conversion. So many of them are in poor shape. Seems like a spotless really clean well maintained one would go for up to 10K. So that's maybe double what a really clean crew cab would bring. otherwise if they are beat and needing repairs they seem to be similar money to a similar shape pickup. 3-4K should buy a reasonable shape one if you hunt around.

So different color fenders and rust seems like a $1500 dollar rig to me being a gasser. If it's just wheel well rot and not floor and roof rot which a lot of them get.

#21 ·
All depends on what it's worth to the buyer.

I don't see people going tard happy over them, there has been one on and off craigslist around here for over a year, guy wants 4K for it, and it's a diesel, but no one wants it.
there was a F-250 a few years ago here that was so rotted out it was not street legal. still sold for close to $5,000
3 months later there was a garaged kept F-350 in showroom condition that the owner could not give away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.