Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

3" exhaust a problem if it's cheap?

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Cat_Rebel 
#1 ·
Hey guys I have a 3" downpipe on my powerstroke and was running a single stack for a while but was just making a mess in my bed and I want to run a full exhaust. My buddy can bend 3 inch pipe and has plenty laying around so it'll be a cheap exhaust but will it hurt my egts or cause it to sound bad if i run 3" exhaust out to the back?

#5 ·
Are there any sites I can buy the bent part that goes over the axle ? I can piece together everything else I just don't want to spend 400 on a kit when I already have the downpipe and some 4 inch pipe laying around

#8 ·
ebay its called an mko exhaust tipe in 5 inch diesel exhaust and its like 300 bucks

#10 ·
I just had new 3" exhuast put on my truck and I think it is fine, I like the sound too btw.

#13 ·
3" straight pipe "will work" on a stockish truck, know plenty of 7.3l & 6.0ls with em that are daily drivers & tow heavy. That being said stock is 3.5" & 4" will drop temps alittle & sound better. Talk to Nate at Performance Truck Products, he's a vendor here & will get you setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.