Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

The American Ride

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  lubeowner 
#1 ·
Guy took it to a hook last night. Placed 5th. There was like 5 feet between 1st place and him with only 4 inches separating 3rd, 4th and 5th.

The truck as ever so slowly gaining an exhaust leak on the driver side up - pipe. It has been there for several pulls now but it was very minor. Must have blown the gasket out as when you watch the video you can see a lot of smoke coming out and going down the drivers side of the truck.

#4 ·
Not 100% sure on that one. It has always done that to some degree but that was the worse yet. There are a couple possible reasons and I just need to look at the log and see what happened. Either the fuel was too hot and had an injector sticking or the coolant temp was to low and the timing was still retarded. It could be the CP3 controller stepping up the cp3 pump too fast and causing rail pressure to go up before the Ford computer is ready for it. I just need to see a log and then adjust what is out of whack..

Or maybe we had Eric program that in just to be part of the show. Its a Ford and everyone seems to love it!

"Look at that P.O.S Ford can't even get it to rev up, should have bought a Dodge.... Holy $hit did you see that thing pull!! Wow!!! and the Flame it shot out the stack when it was getting ready! What a show!" And they talk about it all night even if the truck doesn't win.

#5 ·
It seemed to snuff the charger at the end, that exhaust leak fixed will definetly help the spool up and staying on it at the end but it is running great through the middle and the suspension seems to be smooth also.

#9 ·
The guys taping it are funny to hear. Ohhh Ford doodoodoo .....then the end He killed it!!

#14 ·
Guy was pulling the manifold off on Saturday morning and found one bolt on the up-pipe mount that just wouldn't come out. Felt like it was going to break. He did not want to miss the pull as if it broke it would be to much rushing to get it replaced. So I will get it apart today and figure out what it needs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.