Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Made the news thanks to a bystander...

846 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  MADMAN36 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Short version:

The engine is out and on the floor in the shop. Had someone interested in buying the truck. I was trying to get the milage and had to put a battery in for power for the odometer. Tried to turn key on a realized the ignition box was gone off steering column. Went in shop to find one and also got side tracked with phone calls as usual. Next thing I know Joe come running in saying truck was on fire.

Went out with fire ext. and tried knocking it down. Fire appeared to have been concentrated in passenger side dash when we first opened door to hose with fire ext.

#6 ·
So it was just a body. Not a customers truck. Very, very good. So the only thing you are out, is a truck and the cost of cleanup. ANd of course whatever tools you left in there.

#7 ·
It was a complete truck other than the engine block and heads. Had all of the new parts inside of the cab such as Black onyx head gaskets, egr delete, head studs, injectors, oil cooler and several other things including all the parts and pieces for the engine.

So if your talking "only thing I am out" it would be the truck and all the parts. Not sure of exact figure but well over $10,000 went up in smoke with what I paid for the truck a few months ago and all the parts. :doh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.