Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

From 4" to 6"

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  ltljoe22 
#1 ·
Just wanted to pick your brains. I have an 05 F250 CC SB that I bought used a while back and believe has a 4" lift. No idea what brand, whoever uses red front coils. I put 35x13.5's on it. I would like the truck to sit 2" higher for a little more tire clearance. Is there any easy answer to raising 2 more inches or do I need to just swap lifts? Thanks for any ideas.

See less See more
#2 ·
just add a 2 inch spacer on top of the coil. try a daystar.

#4 ·
yea its pretty simple you should be able to do it in your driveway in an hour with air tools...plus you will get true inches out of it since they are a solid piece.

#7 ·
That is quite possible. As I said, it was on there when I got it so I was guessing at 4".

Bottom line is, I'm not looking to end up with 6 inches of lift, I'm looking to get 2 more. If that means I end up with 4.5 inches in the front then that is fine. Just didn't want to break the bank for 2".

#8 ·
Thats only a 2-2.5in lift bud.You will need a whole new kit to go to a 6in.You can sell your coils though when you lift it more.

#11 ·
I don't understand the difference that makes adding spacers to a lift coil morre dangerous as adding spacers to stock coils?

Only thing I can see is you need to make sure the other items will work with the added height, track bar, pitman arm, radius arms, brake lines, vacuum lines ect. I would imagine it would be good though. Even Icon offered a upgrade kit with spacers and sway bar links and bump stops to go from their 4.5 kit to their 7"

Ultimately if you go through all the pieces it ends up coming close to just buying another kit though. I am curious all the differences and what tolerances their are in kits for adding height since I would love to slap on spacers and go up another 1-2" but I'm afraid I need at least an adjustable track bar and maybe some other small items to make it work correctly.

#12 ·
Its not the spacer on another coil thats the problem its all the drop parts needed is the problem.The OP knows that now and is going to get a whole kit.It sucks cause he just missed out on a 6in kit for his truck in the classifieds for $500 for his truck.You can add a spacer to a kit because you already have a drop pitman arm,track bar and radius arm drops.The angles a 4.5in lift would have with stock parts would be to much.You have to worry about bump steer,death wobble and such if you don't drop everything.The OP knows now and will do that.

#13 ·
That explains it better, honestly I was curious since I've seen people say no to spacers on top of a lift but never see anyone outright against a spacer only leveling kit so I just wondered if the lifts were designed with such tight tolerances (drop pieces) that they couldn't take the extra height without throwing things outa whack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.