Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

05+ offset wheels versus 99-04 offset

3K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  deiter5262 
#1 ·
I know that you can run factory 05+ 20's on a 99-04 but 2" hubcentric spacers are needed for the wheels to fit correctly under the wheel well and to give the tire enough space to not rub on the leaf springs. But I have researched a lot and can't seem to find a decent deal.

My question is:

Do any of you guys know where to get good spacers for less than $600 a set of 4 and that don't weigh 30lbs a piece?? I've been told the ebay ones are junk and will break, is it positively necessary to buy the steel spacers? Again, where to look to pick up a set for a good price, don't care it they are used.

#2 ·
bump

#3 ·
I have had my ebay ones for 5 years and they have held up great.

#4 ·
Price, brand, what kind of aluminum, what wheels are you running, and how heavy are they? Also, are they the bolt on the hub studs type, then bolt on the wheel itself or the kind not bolted to the hub?

#5 ·
All I want to run is the 05-07 factory harley 20's with probably even stock tires.

#6 ·
ive got a buddy who has been running the ebay spacers for 4yrs now w/o any issues.. Think as long as your not towing really heavy and off roading a lot you will be good...

#7 ·
Not sure what brand they are. They bolt to my stock hubs and the spacers have new studs in them. think they cost like 119 a set of 2.

#8 ·
That sounds about right from what I've seen online. I wonder how much lighter the aluminum ones are then the steel spacers from wheeladapter.com

white7.3, do you know what brand or a link on ebay to the ones that your buddy is running, I just don't want to buy the wrong ones and break some studs off?

The most i will pull is probably around 6-10K, I'm guessing. But most of the time I'm not pulling.

#10 ·
Mine have held up to these nebraska roads so that should say everything. As long as you stick with good billet ones it will be just as strong as your wheels. Just make sure you retorque them after a couple hundred miles.

#12 ·
Ne roads are terrible:poke: I grew up in Sabetha, Ks so I've had plenty of trips into Ne, always rough.

#13 ·
$200 per 2 set so about $400 a 4 set? Is that what you found? thanks

#15 ·
See my post on this subject over in the Suspension forum. Its all there.

I've been running mine all summer over awful roads. No problems.

And yes, you need hub centric. Good for you for sticking to it.

#16 ·
Ok, so what are exactly do you mean the rear 2" spacers won't just bolt on?
What do you have to lathe out, is that only on the 99's?
If your wheels don't come with lugnuts then it is necessary to buy course thread acorn lugnuts?

I'm sure the ^^^^^ depends on what spacers you run also?

Do you have a link to the spacers you picked up for $300 a set. They are billet aluminum correct?

I appreciate the help guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.