Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Farm Truck 12.169@119.37 Fuel Only

5K views 47 replies 18 participants last post by  08psdbeast 
#1 ·
Up and Down day at the track today started way down in the dumps. First run the high hopeful Parts truck broke an axle. Followed by my first 2 runs
1St Pass
17.655 @ 95.62
2.771 60 foot
11.66 1/8 mile

2nd Pass
16.927 @ 82.85
2.617 60 foot
10.507 1/8 mile

Scared for my life praying to all things that are holy that the truck would not hit the wall. It was not slow because of lack of power but 24" rims on a 2WD will not hook even with a 4 link it was nasty. I qualified an embarissing last place in Pro Street.
So one guys miss fortune is anothers fortune Since Roger (parts truck) had the broken axle we decided to take his 18" mickey Thompson ET's and bolt them to the farm truck and

1/4 mile 12.169 @ 119.37
RT .700
60' 2.097
330 5.411
1/8 8.033 @ 93.71
1000' 10.277
1/4 12.169@119.37

After the nasty launch attempts with the 24's I went easy on it with the ET radials and could have launched harder. Unfortunately qualifying last drew a truck that ran 10.318 @ 126.28 so my day was done. It felt really good with the ET radials. I quite enjoyed it actually smooth.
The odometer when I got to the track was 72 km which is 40 miles and when I left it had 100KM which is 60 miles so the truck is still breaking in. The plan is to get 500KM on the street and then go back to the track with slicks and a sniff.

Positives:
Truck is scary fast on fuel only
did not hit 1600 EGT's on fuel only with the dual pumps!
drove the truck into the trailer at the end of the day
Truck was definately the show stopper had people just swarming it from all angles. The harder they looked the farther the jaws dropped.

Negatives: 5000 spectators had to see me run to 17 second passes
small coolant leak on heater core hose and fuel vent hose (minor)
sad to see the parts truck not get to compete we have been plagued with bad luck. It was an all in all sad day for the blue ovals
Sun Coast Torque converter seemed to be letting go (may be I did not tranny tune long enough)

Was running the KEM 345 *CODE FREE first try good job Mike :)*
I am excited to try Matt's custom tune and would like to try one from Eric in here as well. But in all honesty power is not the concern it is hooking this thing up

See less See more
#6 ·
Guys this truck runs so strong with the 345!! I'm in love with the power. I'm excited to see what it will do with a custom tune.

It sounds so nasty once the turbos light!!

I'm officially jealous!

Good job Rob.

P.S. Rob can only give it 3/4 throttle cuz of clearance between the header and firewall needed to be made and he still ran a 12.1. If he would have 60ft better and full throttle he'd have a 11 second fuel only 6.4. Rob, get that throttle adjusted and floor it!

Guess I should have drove hahahaha

#9 ·
Good work Rob, now get my truck done.

#15 ·
Your truck is ready just waiting on the industrial fuel pump which Premier has in stock, it is shipping today and will be here by the end of the week
Probably 2 weeks out yet cant wait to see this turbo set up in a 4WD :)
You better order some slicks my freind!

#16 ·
great bunch of guys, even with the bad poasses they powered trough it and kept trying to push forward. good work guys, i'm goin to the track friday if you guys want to come out and play

#24 ·
Trying to get permission from the boss but my kid was born on the 14 th as well and I traded his birthday to this week end so we will see I got my m&h 390's for the back and some 18"'s for the front and I want to see if they will hook or if I will need to back fate the breaks this winter

#20 ·
lol,
thanks buddy gettin my a** spanked by a van with a female driver.

Where is the good VID?

At least you can see the tires roasting all the way down the track

I think I was only on the throttle half of the track

The truck is all or nothing (No VGT means not much in between) so they were either roasting or not moving

#25 ·
with the trash talk thats come out of dirty diesel on other forums you guys better put or shut up pretty soon:poke::evil just pokin, come on out and have fun, for all i know my new setup might run 20's :doh:

#28 ·
just got reminded that tyler moves into his new house tomorrow so i don't know yet if i'll make it, 106-108 in the 1/8 and 131-133, my et should be way better for these mph's, i was doin between 10.7-10.9 at 102in the 1/8 and 127 in the 1/4, hope this helps. it was good to see you guys out with a brand new truck, are you guys coming down to worlds

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.