Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Bought a new toy......

14K views 156 replies 31 participants last post by  95 Stroker 
#1 ·
Already bought a bunch of mods for it(more powerfull batteries, aluminum parts, CV drive shafts, etc,etc,etc,etc)......It'll be here next week...

Same as my truck,..not built for speed,...built for real performance...

TRAXXAS SUMMIT

I already have a Nitro GS Storm Truggy, I'm selling it if anyone is interested.

I did alot of custom mods to it.

I made a "ram intake"..

and my best custom mod,...I used a Helicopter fuel tank as a secondary tank,...which does a couple things,...if it flips...it doesn't lose fuel(stays running),..and the best thing it does is....it keeps a constant fuel pressure...which anyone that runs Nitro RC;s knows...you have to tune it at a half tank because it will run rich with a full tank,..and lean on a near empty tank..

....with inventing this mod,...it stays constant for the entire run....which also helps with keeping the heat under control..

See less See more
2 6
#5 ·
The storm you race right?
What do you do with the rock crawler looking one? Stuff that I am not actualy in i tend to drive harder than stuff i am in. I bet i could get a 2 WD buggy to do some bad ace rock clibing LOL.

#6 ·
These things are so cool to play with. I have some friends with a couple and we sit around sometimes and run them. He has one that will go over 45 mph... if that is fast.

#11 ·
I fuggin love Ebay!

I bid on a couple "just in case" things...pretty much all the things that fail after hard bashing/accidents or that normally fail from dirt, grim, water.

I scored!!!!...saved over $200 bucks.....whoooot whoooot!

I'm bidding on a couple other parts that normally fail...we'll see.

#12 ·
I have a Revo thats highly modded, a Jato and a 3.3 4Tec... All have been sitting for the past year and a half, and don't need much to get going just need to get aroundtuit LOL

That looks like a factory modified E-revo with some rock climbing frillies such as locking differential, body and gearing? Let us know how it is.

#14 ·
Nice i got a rustler vxl brushless with lipos that thing rips! that sure is a nice summit Tank there pretty neat. crawling gets more fun then just rippin it

#18 ·
Yup it was the spur gear, bunch of #### in the tranny and driveshafts. I picked on him calling it a dodge bc he is a dodge fan. He also broke the factory axles but replaced them with metal. Thing was def. a monster with that single motor and despite breaking it took some hard licks. He upgraded alot but the closest shop to us was an hr and he was too impatient to order off-line the few times he did it nearly drove him crazy waiting.

Can't wait till you get yours and get some vids bc I know your gonna put it through the ringers.

#19 ·
Well,....I went kinda nuts....bought a bunch of stuff.

Should be here by Saturday...

(2) E-Revo's brushed (for the 2 younger boys)
(1) Brushless E-Revo (for me...LOL)
(4) 5800 mah 3s 40c Lipo batteries (for the brushless E-Revo)

Got a bunch of hop-ups for the SUMMIT too, shocks, aluminum parts, and a bunch of extra chassis & drivetrain parts , for when I break it.

I now have my GS Storm Truggy for sale,...if I don't get any interest here..it'll be on Ebay shortly.

Here it is...

R/C GS Storm Truggy...tons of extras! - Powerstroke Nation

#20 ·
Well,....I went kinda nuts....bought a bunch of stuff.

Should be here by Saturday...

(2) E-Revo's brushed (for the 2 younger boys)
(1) Brushless E-Revo (for me...LOL)
(4) 5800 mah 3s 40c Lipo batteries (for the brushless E-Revo)

Got a bunch of hop-ups for the SUMMIT too, shocks, aluminum parts, and a bunch of extra chassis & drivetrain parts , for when I break it.

I now have my GS Storm Truggy for sale,...if I don't get any interest here..it'll be on Ebay shortly.

Here it is...

R/C GS Storm Truggy...tons of extras! - Powerstroke Nation

:doh:LOLLOLLOLLOL

#30 ·
Tank if you want a partner in truck bashing ill gladly bust out my trucks and see if i cant out jump ya :evil I love beating the crap out of my savage.. my Dace maxx on the otherhand is too nice to bash lol

#31 ·
I had a Savage...and that is exactly what they are...fuggin Savages...nearly indestructible!!!

I had the Savage before I got the Storm...I wanted better handling, speed, and better control....but the Storm will never be "stronger" than the Savage...I miss mine.

#32 ·
Yea it is a beast.... it has been jumped higher and farther than i have ever done with my other trucks and it just takes a beating and keeps going... the motor has like 6 gallons of fuel through it and is still tighter than ever.. its been underwater more times than i can count and hotter than i care to imagine but nothing stops it.. let me know if you wana take um out some time!

#34 ·
I got some more "spare parts" in today....I like knowing I don't have to worry about beating this ever loving dog sh1t out of something,..because I have spare parts sitting in the garage when needed...

More parts will be coming in over the next week,....and hopefully the E-Revo's will be here by Friday..

#35 ·
looks alot like what we started with building my buddy's race revos.. a huge pile of parts enough to build 2 and a half trucks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.