Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

pumpkin problems

5K views 40 replies 16 participants last post by  silvrcummns 
#1 ·
i pulled my motor out yesterday and took a look around. everything looked decent except for this lol.

I wasnt spraying when i developed the knock but the revs got pretty high so im thinking thats what did it.

See less See more
#3 ·
only one obvious one. might be one more when i take a better look. the wierd thing is that the knock sounded like it was coming from the drivers side and that is cylinder 1 thats bent. im not sure im going to put rods in it yet lol. im a cheap italian haha.

#5 ·
im a cheap italian haha.
I still don't buy the whole Italian thing there buddy......you look a lot more like a little Mexican than an Italian....but yeah you're definetly a little thrifty for sure! .
:poke:

#13 ·
Jeez. You tell me all pissy that your turbo's got a dead spot because of the configuration and that every one has the turbos all cluster f'ed in the middle because of it, never told me about the gate leaking.

Well I don't know what all these other top super street guys run but I know a red ramcharger that's #1 in this division so their, haha

#14 ·
Well I don't know what all these other top super street guys run but I know a red ramcharger that's #1 in this division so their, haha
I knew he had a hard on for Harvey... Mr. Big Shot J&H man :postwhore2:!

Kenny, go away! Your "Ford Sucks" attitude won't be put up with long here.

#17 ·
Jeez guys, just givin my buddy Matt some grief. Only a couple people on here know me and they know Cummins is quite literally a part of me.

All kidding aside, props should be given to Matt. dynoe'd 700 something (on his "smaller twins" then runs a low 11 quarter on new set-up with a leaking wastegate and injectors that apparently will look like squirt guns compared to the garden hoses he's trying to get his hands on. AND SPRAYING the F out of it and he just now bends 1 rod on a completely stock bottom end... trust me I've got respect for his truck. Considering how many stock 6.0's I've seen struggle to survive (did a compression test on one the other with with 0, yes 0 psi in cyl 3 with a tad over 100k on it) his truly has my respect. Almost makes me consider owning one...wait, no one quote me on that!

This thread is a derail if you think Matt is out of the game cuz of 1 found bent rod. Best of luck with whatever new improvements you've got in store for your "pumpkin" and my lowly help is just a phone call away Matt :rockon:

Hey where's my kind "welcome to P-stroke nation"? :poke:LOL

#18 ·
you should try posting up in the New to the Nation thread and tell us a lil about yourself and what u drive if u want a "kind welcome" if u just want a good bashing and a quick ban then stick with ur current tempo

#25 ·
man you poor guy lol. Ford has made alot of money off of us 6.0 guys. i manged to get the wristpins out and pulling the rods without pulling the pistons. i didnt want to have to do any cylinder work on it lol or pull my heads. gaskets are pricey haha. honestly everything looked great inside except the bent rods. the skirts of the pistons kissed the crankshaft a little but it didnt hurt the cylinders anywhere. im just hoping she lasts awhile. i have another project arriving tomorrow.

#27 ·
man you poor guy lol. Ford has made alot of money off of us 6.0 guys. i manged to get the wristpins out and pulling the rods without pulling the pistons. i didnt want to have to do any cylinder work on it lol or pull my heads. gaskets are pricey haha. honestly everything looked great inside except the bent rods. the skirts of the pistons kissed the crankshaft a little but it didnt hurt the cylinders anywhere. im just hoping she lasts awhile. i have another project arriving tomorrow.

Is that the single cab???

#39 ·
Ya caught me. Almost wanted to buy a ford, then I worked on one in the shop and remembered why i love Cummins. HAHA. Matt did you order some color matching orange zip ties to keep your truck togethor or are you still trying to use up that 10,000 pack of assorted's? :poke:

Back on track! Get your rods yet? topeka isn't too far away...

PS, Sean I know you don't know me (kinda met you at redding couple years back) but hope to see your truck running at topeka

#40 ·
lol the funny thing is that i worked on terrys truck and remembered why i love 6.0s lol. injectors swaps are alot more fun on cummins though lol. Im still using the assorted pink, orange and lime green zip ties lol. they are sick haha. zip ties are the best thing ever invented. ask anyone who races motocross haha. im still waiting on rods. i found a couple short blocks for cheap. im hoping to pick on up instead of ghetto swapping 3 rods in lmao.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.