Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

30" FTE resonator install/review

12K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  Silvershark TRX4 
#1 ·
Got it installed this morning which is a no brainer...a semi-trained Houge could pull it off and not even need a "program" to do it. LOL

Anyway...went for about an 80 mile drive to see if it lived up to the hype.
Truth is....it's even better that they say.
I had a drone at 75ish mph that almost prevented conversation from happening....it's GONE. I don't mean almost gone...GONE. The only thing I hear now at anywhere from 60-100 mph is the injectors clicking and a little turbo whistle that I didn't even know was there because the drone was so bad.

EGT's did not change one bit....still 650* on the nose at 75 mph so I guess there's no added restriction in the exhaust with that thing.
Nothing else changed except the drone. Still has a nice tone to the exhaust both at idle and driving....I can't say enough good things about this part.

If drone is your issue...FTE has your solution.

#3 ·
It seems like guys with stacks are loving this part...that's why I posted this here too. It doesn't kill any tone...only the drone.
Damned if I know how it works...but the stack guys say they can actually hear now while driving. That's gotta be a plus if you have a pair of cannons firing into your back glass.

#6 ·
I have a muffler also. My goal is quieter than stock inside the cab...I think I've achieved that.
I could not be happier with this part.

I didn't even get it from Wally. I bought it from a guy that installed it and it was too quiet for him so he replaced it with their short version after a day or 2 of use.

#12 ·
5" standard single side exit.
With the tip being 6" off the ground and a hollow bed with hard cover making an echo chamber...my truck is a recipe for drone. Or was...I had a very enjoyable 2 hour drive to the beach today...my daughter and I could actually talk for a change.
I don't talk up too many parts but if you have a drone issue you need this part...period.

#14 ·
Ive been thinking about his single stack kit along with the resinator as well... Glad to hear good things about it.

#17 ·
Last week I put this resonator and a 4" flowmaster hushpower on my 03, 7.3.

When I first started the truck I noticed that noise came from the front of the truck (engine) and not from all around me like it had before. I can now hear my back tires going down the road and have noticed I keep my radio down 2-3 notches lower on the volume control.

My truck is an 03,7.3, 4x4, 6spd CCSB with 170k.

Would I recommend this combo, YES. I can hear the turbo better and it has removed the cruising drone from the cab. I do have to mash the throttle harder to get a rumble out of the truck but that is what I was looking for.

micky

#18 ·
Anyone got a link to this?

#20 ·
Price for a 4" one please...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.