Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Is the 1/8"NPT Rail fitting a restriction

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  CtG 
#1 ·
Maybe now I'll get an answer?

#2 ·
If you leave the check valve in there, yes it is. I removed the check valve pieces and bored it out as much as I dared.

#3 ·
Is the 1/8"NPT Rail fitting a restriction
Are you talking about the fuel rail fittings at the front and back of the heads?

Isn't that what everyone uses when doing a RR set-up?

DI has some type of bigger fitting to use I believe. Not sure on the specs though.

It doesn't cause me to loose fuel pressure under WOT by using those 1/8" NPT ports. Their big enough...

#7 ·
I have access to -6 JIC fittings with adaptation to 1/8", 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" NPT pipe. Its just a matter of getting it to fit in the head?

Its just interesting that you have an eighth inch hole feeding 222 cubic inches.

Can it be easily oversized? To maybe 1/4" fittings? Or 3/8"? -6 JIC is what the hoses are on mine, apparently a slightly different connection style than -AN? But still a "3/8" line fitting.

I've got the intake spider off of her and soforth right now, and was just curious if it could be done in-truck and safely...
Only doing 160cc single's for now, but I am trying to uprate the fuel system, pump-forward in case we get the B-code itch later on or something heh

#8 ·
I have access to -6 JIC fittings with adaptation to 1/8", 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" NPT pipe. Its just a matter of getting it to fit in the head?

Its just interesting that you have an eighth inch hole feeding 222 cubic inches.

Can it be easily oversized? To maybe 1/4" fittings? Or 3/8"? -6 JIC is what the hoses are on mine, apparently a slightly different connection style than -AN? But still a "3/8" line fitting.

I've got the intake spider off of her and soforth right now, and was just curious if it could be done in-truck and safely...
Only doing 160cc single's for now, but I am trying to uprate the fuel system, pump-forward in case we get the B-code itch later on or something heh
:confused: HUH???

That 1/8" hole is feeding at best 4 7.1mm plungers and barrels, not 222 ci.

BTW have you ever seen how small the inlet holes are inside the injectors that feed the plungers?

#9 ·
Last I checked, 222 is half of 444. I'm talking engine displacement, not injector.

#11 ·
Hmm.
Well, not nothing.
I'm not an idiot. What did you think I thought was going through a FUEL inlet? Magical pixie dust?

Point being my 2.2L 4-cylinder has a larger fuel supply. Our 1.9L TDI has a larger supply. Our lawn mower has an eighth inch carb inlet.

I am not an engineer specializing in fluid dynamics. If 1/8" works well, awesome. But I have enough reason to wonder and therefore ask. If I'm wrong, ain't the first time.

#13 ·
Im running 1/8" to 6AN. Probably wouldn't make that big of a difference though.

You ever poke a big hole in the bottom of your tank and get that bulkhead fitting to work??

JEGS Push-Loc Hose - JEGS
All they need is a CC number... ;)

#18 ·
be doing my fuel soon as well.... do you guy's drill out the check valve (or what ever it is) behind the big plug at the end of the fuel rail ??

#19 ·
IIRC, the only check valve is right where the stock, hard fuel line goes into the back of the passenger side head, and the front of the drivers side head. And it comes out with a 9/16" wrench.

I haven't drilled crap on the fuel systems I've done. :shrug:

#20 ·
maybe its not a check valve..when the fuel goes in the head though the top..it goes though a fitting to change direction..to get to this you need to go though the big plug at the end of the rail....i wish i could remeber what the he%& its called...but from what i hear..its just under an 1/8..i think some guy's like the fitting for the big plug do to that little restriction...im not looking for big HP..ill be happy at at 500-550..so if its not being done by most..i wont worry about it..but seen how the motor will be out..it would be time to do it..

#21 ·
Something that I don't think people realize is how small the holes are in the fuel rail plug that the fuel has to enter to get inside the rail.

Those things are tiny, flow way less then an 1/8" port.

If you want to make it so the only restriction in the system is the injectors... get Dave's fittings.

#22 ·
Then I was wrong lol. Chock down time number 4 billion and.... heh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.