Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Verizon I Phones

5K views 69 replies 27 participants last post by  91blackshortbus 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I hope they get it. May 22nd 2011 my contract with AT&T runs up and I can't wait my service sucks most places I go unless I'm in a big city. And while I was in New Mexico it wads partner tower(verion) and I couldn't use any data unless I was connected to wifi or it charged me roaming. They failed to tell me about the network range when I bought this POS. I've had 4 iPhones in the past year simply because they kept locking up and quit working. The one I have now has been good. Hasn't messed up to bad in 8 months

#8 ·
My wife and I both had Sprint when we moved to Colorado. By far, Sprint was the absolute worst service out here. So we switched and got iPhones with AT&T. Service was a little better with AT&T as far as number of dropped calls go. However, Denver has seen the network slow quite a bit.

Verizon phones out here seem rarely drop calls, and the network is faster. Our contract for our phones ends in October, and my wife and I are already discussing switching to Verizon if they get the iPhone.

#10 ·
Verizon phones out here seem rarely drop calls, and the network is faster. Our contract for our phones ends in October, and my wife and I are already discussing switching to Verizon if they get the iPhone.
If you want the Verizon service and the only thing holding you back is the I-phone....you really should go in a store and look at a droid X.

#9 ·
I hope so.. I hardly get reception in my house with my iphone... I'm going to drop ATT next June no matter what. Even if they don't have the iPhone, I'm sure there will be something as good or better by then with a new smartphone coming out every month it seems.

#11 ·
Verizon was supposed to have the iphone this summer, but denied the contract because of the issues with the new phone.... Just what I heard...

#16 ·
I do not like verizon at all!!

They have great reception but they have the worste customer service and I will not work with a company like that
Odd...never had any problems, been with them for over 12 years now...zero issues...

#23 ·
I have the HTC Aria from ATT with the new droid software.....I really like this phone never had an iphone but from the ATT guys that have switched say the HTC is leaps and bounds over the iphone

#26 ·
If I ever got another phone besides my iPhone, it would definitely be an HTC.

#30 ·
Everyone always says the iPhone is good at everything but making calls.
I've had all 4 versions of it now and have NEVER had an issue making calls.
I think 1/2 of what people say is regurgitated bullsh!t from someone else...not personal experience with the device.

#31 ·
:whs:

I had a 3g for 2 years and now the 4, and have loved them both. by far the most durable and reliable phones ive ever had. they always get good reception and never had a problem with them dropping calls.

The 4 is VERY fast too.

I guess it boils down to personal experience, i had verizon in college and had terrible problems with dropped calls and my bills were always inflated 80-100 bucks over everytime. I ended up paying the 350 to get out of the contract as it was way cheaper as they wouldnt fix the phone, wouldnt upgrade me, and wouldnt fix the problem.

maybe south and central texas is at&t country, because they get the best reception esp in rural and remote locations.

#35 ·
I must be the only guy left in this world who only uses his cell phone for making and receiving calls.:shrug:

What exactly am I missing?

Another guy I work with has a company blackberry type phone and he's always stopping what he was doing to check a new e-mail. That would drive me nuts. I have to admit that I am not very good at multi tasking.

#45 ·
OMG yes.. I hate my speaker volume!! I can barely hear people on it. I was playing with the ex's iphone a couple of weeks ago and for some reason her speaker was so much louder. But I think its just really dirty with dust and what not. I even had trouble with my first iphone, it was really hard to hear on too.

#47 ·
I don't know about the X but the original droid's speaker is unbelievable and I swear you actually hear bass on that little sucker!

#48 ·
iphone with verizon doesn't make sense, the droid is coming on too strong, i think more people with focus on droid apps now more than the iphone, and apple is too controlling which will ultimately cause people to turn away from them, all my opinion tho.

#51 ·
when it comes down to it, service comes first, (cell coverage) and the type of phones you can get come second. ATT isn't too bad around here but not as good as verizon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.