Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

7.3 P-Pump Drag Truck

10K views 35 replies 25 participants last post by  JasonQuartermile 
#1 ·
Who is gonna be the first?

We have a couple pulling trucks making more power on a single charger than any other powerstroke with twins (that I know of excluding DOT, it is a freak) and nothing close to it on the race track???

Don't look at me, I got no funds for that! Just wondering who is gonna be fast in a psd.

#11 ·
I was all set to do this, I had contacted parties capable and got the ball rolling , got a pump, etc.. Then decided it was just gonna be too much coin. 1/2 the cost is a motor/fueling 40k done probaly more, then a chassis capable of this power. I was working with Scheid and ben miller to make a direct copy of bens motor at a bit cheaper cost. It just seemed like too much money and too much work. Whoever does it will have something else on their hands. Scotty's truck on the other hand will be nuts. He's gonna have a lot of work making that much power hook.

#14 ·
I agree mike. It is going to be hard making it hook, but the hardest part is going to get it through the drivetrain period. Smorris and I were talking the other night about a P-pumped drag truck/sled puller it would be nasty but $$$$$$.

I can't wait til the CR is at home in the truck making xxxxhp hopefully running some fasssht times!

#25 ·
pumps are not terrible. columbus has 800cc and 1100cc 8cyl p-pumps for $4500 and $5k. that w/ no core, core only takes off $300 so they aint worth much. i would like to find a good working pump.

#27 ·
Hypermax wants like $15k for theirs, can't figure out what makes theirs so special. Scheids also has that v-pump as welll...

And if you watch pulloff and other tractor pulling websites you can find good deals on built 8 cylinder pumps

#31 ·
The injector to install in these engines right now for maximum power is coming out of Komatsu engines - but a built set of sticks will run you some serious coin. I think I recall hearing that the cores were $300 each or in that neighborhood.

Oh - and some p-pumps can go much bigger than 13mm if you talk to the right person.... add in a custom pump cam and the only thing your lacking is the variable timing that is possible with the Sigma. Of course that all runs a few more bucks than the off the shelf $5K pump from CDS.

#33 ·
CDS has the 14mm setup. That is supposed to help with the sticking plunger issue at high rpms. So when you go for 6000+ rpms, CDS told me they would only recommend to build them in the 14mm.

#32 ·
I have a v8 pump off of a cat. It is a inline pump not a v pump. Could you use one of the inline pumps or are the v pumps better? I got the pump from work. The cam inside of it is broken after the last fuel line hookup. So the gear is not with it. Can this be fixed or is the pump junk now?

#34 ·
Like you guys have said, it would be a complete monster. Hooking and actually putting the power to the track IMO would be the most difficult part. Its been proven they make ridiculous power so its just a matter for when someone is ready to go fast instead of pull lol. I think it'd basically take a close drivetrain setup of some of the prostreet dodges, like TS, or the Smith's or Meacham with a clutched auto either a Danco or a Lenco because there is no way a traditional auto is gonna take it, those guys already discovered burning down converters alllll the time isnt cool. But man it'd be so cool to see one, I think they'd have the potential to set the world on fire in prostreet or any class for that matter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.