Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

TSD fuel sumps

16K views 90 replies 29 participants last post by  aggie 
#1 ·
Just a couple of pictures of TSD's fuel sumps installed on three superduty tanks and one duramax tank...

See less See more
#13 ·
179? or 199? wow seems pricey, couldnt you just paint it? I know my Helmans sump stays pretty dirty under there.... as for the 1/4 tank issue... you still lose prime, at least i do.... but I do live in back woods WV and drive alot of windy roads..... I am not bashing here, they look very nice....... but the extra 50 bucks wouldnt be justifiable to me.....

#47 ·
179? or 199? wow seems pricey, couldnt you just paint it? I know my Helmans sump stays pretty dirty under there.... as for the 1/4 tank issue... you still lose prime, at least i do.... but I do live in back woods WV and drive alot of windy roads..... I am not bashing here, they look very nice....... but the extra 50 bucks wouldnt be justifiable to me.....
the only reason it got ugly was the helmans jar of mayo.... I belive in giving credit where its due......... I said awhile back that I wasnt bashing the product..... I never said I paid 129 for one of Joe's sumps...... I said his was more economical..... and if this one was out at the time I purchased from Joe, it would have been considered as well....... as far as mucking up a thread, it was mucked up from the start. I repeat, I have no agenda, I am a consumer, I am not a dealer for Helmans sump, nor any other part company.... I buy most of my Diesel stuff thru FCDP.
See bold above. Last time I did math, 179-50=129 Now im not edumacated to well but im pretty sure the math is correct. So might not have said the actual number of $129, but you said "extra 50 bucks" :poke:

#14 ·
hellmanns sumps are 129?

I think our sumps are a very fair price for the quality you receive. And sure they could be painted, but for 20 bucks, anodizing holds up WAY better. For the guys with lifted trucks and like to keep their trucks clean and looking pretty, why not have an option for them too.

As for the quarter tank issue, I know we dont have that issue, and i dont see why hellmanns would either. If theres fuel in the tank, the sump is going to be the last place itll be, as long as you mount it in the lowest point. I have ran mine wot at the muddrags with only a few gallons of fuel in it, and not lost prime once.

#15 ·
I know what I paid for mine.... I cant quote his prices... I can see wanting them anodized for lifted trucks.... but alas mine is only stock suspension... I did mount mine on the lowest point of the fuel tank..... I also may have messed with the fuel sensor or sending unit in the tank when installing the sump....

#16 ·
If you hold both sumps side by side you will see the diffrence between the 2. Kinda hard to explain unless you see it in person. I know that if I'm putting a sump on my truck I'd be giving Aggie a call.

#24 ·
so how long has this sump been available??

#25 ·
In 1905, Richard Hellmann from Vetschau, Germany, opened a delicatessen on Columbus Avenue in New York City, where he used his wife's recipe to sell the first ready-made mayonnaise. It became so popular that he began selling it in bulk to other stores. In 1912 he built a factory for producing Mrs. Hellmann's mayonnaise in jars. It was mass marketed and called Hellmann's Blue Ribbon Mayonnaise. It was so successful, Hellmann closed his delicatessen by 1917 in order to devote full time to his mayonnaise business.

#26 ·
the TSD sump numb nutz.... by the way Hoss which sump are you running?

#27 ·
LOLLOL

#29 ·
oh cool...... so the question is, when did tsd come up with this sump idea? I mean the Helmans sump has been around for a long time.... this one seems new, but it is very similar to the Helmans sump that I have..... I am just sayin....... like I said in my original post... I wasnt bashing...... just didnt see the justification for the extra money for a "prettier" sump..... mybe i should post a picture of a copy cat with a fuel line coming out of its azz.... that may be cool huh?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.