Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Who has an associates degree? What do you do?

3K views 31 replies 23 participants last post by  Dave 
#1 ·
About to have my associates degree as long as I pass these last two classes. I will be heading to University of Houston to work on my bachelors.

I was wondering what kind of work is out there for an associates degree?

#4 ·
What are you getting your associate's in? There are some fields with serious bank to be made with an A.S. or A.A.S. but for some other fields if you told an interviewer that you had one of those degrees they would say "That's very nice--where did you go for your Master's?"

#7 ·
Got my AAS in Building Construction... worked as an electrician for a year, now Im working on my BS at UF in Building Construction with a minor in business and one in sustainability. Undecided on grad school. Currently Im a maintenance man at a large apartment complex, will go back to part time for the fall.

#10 ·
thats the way to go, then get your higher degrees with the GI Bill.

#9 ·
have one in specialized technology, and i am a Director of Aircraft Maintenance.

#11 ·
I have an associates in "Show Production and Touring"

I am a touring sound technician, most recently getting Ozzfest rolling, will be going around the world with ozzy till at least dec 15.

#15 ·
Associates degree in Computerized Control Systems/Instrumentation and an associates degree in Electrical Power and Controls. Got them at TSTC in Waco from Aug. 2005 to Dec. 2007. Started working in Beaumont in Jan. 2008 as a Instrument/Electrical Designer. No work for us though, been laying people off.

#16 ·
my setup is nearly the same as Redfish's.

over the last 4 years i worked on getting my associates in Construction Management a couple classes a semester at a time. I thought that would be good for what i wanted to do. And in good economic times it would have been fine. But with all the layoffs alot of people in my field have bachelors, and are getting the jobs that are open. So for the first time in my college carreer im going to school full time this semester at a local community college to get some of my core's out of the way. Then next semester i will transfer to Texas State University to get my Bachelors in Industrial Construction Technology, with a minor in business.

#19 ·
Sharons not a fan of supplying anything free. we cant get any, sorry bro, if it changes ill let ya know. we aren't coming through Ohio on this Ozzfest run, prolly come through Columbus in Oct-Dec with our Fall tour though, havent seen dates yet.

#20 ·
well, i do have an associates degree, but it's not what got me the job i have now. I have an associates in math and one in science. But i also have a bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering. I'm currently a project engineer for a natural gas pipeline.

#23 ·
In 2 years I'll have an associates in Agricultural Equipment Technology, emphasis on Diesel Engine Technology, from TSTC in Waco..

Praying ill find a good job quickly once i graduate

#24 ·
I got mine in Automotive, Diesel and industrial tech. From UTI. It has helped me a great deal to get where I am today.

Stll paying for it though

#25 ·
Thanks for all the replies. Found out yesterday I'm going to pass my last two classes so I'll have my associates! This is the BA I'll be pursuing at university of Houston:
Career Opportunities
Organizational Leadership and Supervision
Overview
Graduates with the Organizational Leadership and Supervision (TLS) degree with the Training and Development emphasis may enter a wide variety of leadership and managerial careers in areas such as the following.
Human Resource Development
Supervision
Production Control
Quality Control
Customer Service
Training and Development
Technical Sales
Technical Education
Technology Education

#29 ·
i have associates in applied science of electricity for something like that. i came out of school with a degree and a journeyman electricians license in the state of kansas. oddly enough i now hate doing electrical work and wish i would have went to diesel technology instead.

#30 ·
I got my Associate in Criminal Justice, so I work at an offshore lifeboat company. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.