Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

PURE Performance track bar help...

6K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  SAK 
#1 ·
Ok guys...Another question for ya!

2006 F-350 CCSB 4X4
I got a 7" Icon lift with the 1" TEI spacers in the front. Everything I have is ICON except for the Adjustable Track Bar. That is PURE Performance. Now I am out of adjustment and my front still needs to come into the drivers side about 1/4" to 1/2". I also noticed that my track bar doesn't line up in the same angle with my drag link ( I think that is what that other bar is called).

[/IMG]

My questions are, "Should I machine it down to get more adjustment out of it? (Work at a machine shop), Should I send it back and get an Icon?, and Does it look like I am doing something wrong in the pictures? I used the drop bracket in the Icon kit so even if I machine it down the track bar and the drag link are still not going to be parallel.

HERE I AM OUT OF ADJUSTMENT
[/IMG]

HERE THE ANGLES ARE OFF
[/IMG]

See less See more
#2 ·
Also here is a pic of the truck with the 8" lift. I got the 38-13.50-20 Toyo Open Country MT's sitting in my garage but the 20X10 BMF Novakane 8's in Chrome aren't going to be here until 1st of September.

HERE IS A PICTURE OF THE ORU TRACTION BARS

[/IMG]

#3 ·
Bump...

#4 ·
BUMP...

#5 ·
Nobody out there anymore??? :shrug:

#7 ·
Might consider the Icon as it is designed for their drop bracket. The Pure website only says "Recommended for lift heights from 3.0" to 4.5" of lift with no track bar drop bracket." but nothing about anything larger, or use with other brands' drop brackets.

#8 ·
Yeah, I have been fighting with Top Gun Customz for the last 2 hours...They say that they have done it a thousand times and they don't know why it won't work for me. They are refusing to let me send it back because it has been 31 days since I ordered it. 7-8-2010 to 8-9-2010. They are charging a 20% restocking fee plus the $45.00 I paid to ship it. After it is all said and done if I send it back I will have $85 dollars in it and it only cost $200.

I won't deal with these guys ever again....TERRIBLE SERVICE:(

#9 ·
And the thing is that when I ordered all this stuff from them, the salesman was the one that told me "I would buy the PURE Performance bar because it is only $200 and they are the exact same bars"...PURE Performances doesn't even go down to stock length and you can't tighten the jam nut without taking the bar out of the bracket.

#11 ·
I would order the one that should have came with the kit. Why didn't they send the Icon with the Icon kit?

Then I would take a angle grinder and take that off... LOL
]
:whs:

The Icon kit comes with one and is included in the price.

And you wouldn't even have to take an angle grinder to it (their free advertisement), just unbolt it, then take an angle grinder to it and send it back to them in pieces. LOL

#12 ·
My problem is that I bought the lift kit used so I had to buy another one....

As for the free advertisement...Already in the works to be sent back in 20 or 30 pieces...:mad:

#13 ·
I guess that is what I get for trying to go cheap when I should have just went with Icon and not listened to "Derek the salesman".

#14 ·
Err, wait You need to move to the drivers side? Just get it tapped deeper the cut off about twice what you need and clean up the hole.

The difference between a 4 and 6" lift is only about 1/2" left to right on the trackbar.

Should be very simple to fix.

If you get what I'm saying, it's just a piece solid bar stock, drill it deeper if needed and retap then cut off the excess.

Or on the other hand you could use a shorter track bar drop bracket. The Bar was designed for 3-4.5" Lifts with no drop bracket. So when you attach it to a 7" drop bracket it is too long.

You would just need to get a 3 or 4" drop bracket and it should pull the axle right where it needs to be.

If you want to get it at the same angle as the Drag link, you can flip the ball joint on the end so it points up instead of down and mount the track bar on top and use the stock bracket.

The shorter bracket is the simplest, but if you work in a machine shop, cutting down and rethreading is probably cheaper.

Just my .02 I'm not always right.

#15 ·
That is exactly what I am going to do turboaz2. I already figured out the measurements to make it work. What happened is when Icon makes the drop bracket for that kit they move the mount hole down and out so that you can use a stock track bar. The kit doesn't come with a new one. It is an option. And by the time I pay for shipping and the restock fee I will have bought the bar anyways so I am just going to make it work...Now you say that I can flip the ball-joint over so the angles are closer? I didn't know that you could do that.

After all this I will never buy anything from TOP GUN CUSTOMZ. Their customer service sucks and they think that if their parts don't work together than you must be an idiot because "they" have done it a thousands times. Even their Sales Manager couldn't figure out that the track bar was too long.

#16 ·
Yep, they're just a clearing house. Good luck and get us some pics when its fixed.

#17 ·
Heres a pic with the stock track bar on it:

The way the Pure bar is built can effect the way the bar looks on the truck. that may be the reason why it doesn't look like it is parallel with the drag link. I can get you the ICON bar, PM me for more info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.