Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

We won!! We won!! We won!!!

5K views 40 replies 26 participants last post by  GOOSEKILLER 
#1 ·
One of the goals this year with "The American Ride" is it needs to win pulls with the group of pullers called "Badger Truck pullers." Last night Guy was unable to drive the truck so he dropped it off and said we need to continue to test the truck. So Guy went to a romantic evening with his wife and I took to the truck to the pull. Did I mention we won!!! I can not describe how good this feels. I pulled 314.99. Second place was a $35,000+ Sheid's engine pulling truck. He pulled 309.

Before this pull I changed the exhaust housing on the turbo. We went back to the smaller exhaust housing. So the only real change between this truck being a mid pack truck and a first place truck is the intake manifold. Can you believe all that was holding this truck back was the darn intake manifold? Wow!!! Last week Guy drove the truck to a second place with this club and tonight it gets the win!!!! I am so pumped. Now hopefully we can get some repeat results and I think it is ready for Sheids!!! As long as it stay together. We are getting very close!

I didn't get video of the pull as the truck blew the power steering pump in the lineup and we were running around like chickens with our heads cut off just trying to clean the power steering fluid off the motor. One of the other guys videoed it and I will link as soon at he loads it. Now I have to question if we should try the bigger injectors and new turbo?

Thank you all for your support. I think we finally got the Ford very close! My buddy Chris Klar, who took second at Diesel Power Challenge last year, was with me and he thought doing this with a Ford was a bigger accomplishment. I think he is now ready to make the change to a Ford. Know anyone interested in a 7.1 Stroker motor Duramax that was just freshened?

See less See more
#8 ·
Very nice work brother!!!!
Nice!! the Fords have had a great weekend!
WOW.. That is kind off like a Dream for me... You just showed me it can be done. THANKS What are you making for HP at the wheels?? T want to see a video. PLEASE
Great job!!

What made you not keep the change to to exhaust housing? Also if you have time before Shieds then I would give the new turbo and injectors a try, then it its not as you want it then you know you can go back to a known good set-up.

Have you tweaked the programming yet or is this still the original tune?
Congrats.
Thank you all. I want to see the video more than anyone I think. It as my first time driving a pulling truck in over a year and my first time with a manual trans. To come home with a win is just so unexpected. I am so pumped.

I went back to the smaller housing as I heard this was going to be a short power track. I didn't expect the truck to spend much time on the rev limiter. Based on how it pulled a few hooks ago on that tight track, we thought keeping the turbo lit at the big end of the track was more important then the few extra HP we gained mid track. So I made the change and it seems like it was the right one.

#5 ·
WOW.. That is kind off like a Dream for me... You just showed me it can be done. THANKS What are you making for HP at the wheels?? T want to see a video. PLEASE

#6 ·
Great job!!

What made you not keep the change to to exhaust housing? Also if you have time before Shieds then I would give the new turbo and injectors a try, then it its not as you want it then you know you can go back to a known good set-up.

Have you tweaked the programming yet or is this still the original tune?

#30 ·
As much as pretty sure that Guy would love a win, I think just qualifying for the finals will be awesome. The competition there is some of the best in the country.

#34 ·
Good luck, I hope it works out in your favor!!

We are just so impressed with this truck. The fact that Guy is still using the same first tune from Innovative is just crazy to me. One of these days we should actually get this thing on the dyno and try to fine tune the programming. It just seems like everything we have tried have netted positive results. Just amazing to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.