Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Help make my Icon lift kit work

875 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  OBSWIZ 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I need suggestions on what to do. I purchased a used icon 4.5 kit for my 06 F250. It was supposed to come with everything less the adjustable pan rod bar. Like a knucklehead, I didn't check every part before buying it. Turns out its missing all types of sh$t. The blocks aren't even icon. I think they're F350 stocks. Anyways the correct icon parts I have are:

Radius arm drop brackets
4.5 Coils
Front and rear shocks
Bump stop spacers
18” U-bolt kit

To make complete I still need:

4.5" Box Kit (less the bump stop spacers)
Adjustable Pan Rod Bar
Correct match rear blocks
And I'd like to add the 1” TEI spacer.

My issue is that Icon parts are crazy expensive. Just to get the above items is like $760. Plus the $400 I payed for the kit. Thats way more then I want to spend for a lift. Especially a 5.5” lift.

So with that....

What's my cheapest way to make this lift work? I just want 4-8” of lift on my truck. I don't care how I get there so long as is works. Can I mix parts from other companies? Maybe that would make it cheaper? Icon claims the pan rod bar is necessary. Is it really or is there another way around it? What about adding a cheap coil spacer instead of the TEI?

Thanks for any help!

See less See more
#2 ·
you would still only have a little under $1200 bucks in a kit that is way better than mixing and matching and the headaches that come along with that. Just do it right the first time and you will be glad you did down the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.