Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

FML!

5K views 56 replies 25 participants last post by  99F250Smitty 
#1 ·
I could have inherited a car from my father, a house, a boat, or even a million dollars one day.......

...but NOOOOOO...today i find out that I inherited the GOUT......FML!....I can't stand, I can't walk, I can't grasp anything very good...FMMFL!

#4 ·
SUCKS! No red meat and cerveza.

#13 ·
Some say in hereditary....but doctors don't really know....nobody does....it just happens....and nobody knows how to get rid of it......with all the searching I did....they say chit like.."blah blah blah could cause it"...and blah blah blah could help relieve the symptoms".

but NO doctor anywhere knows for sure...it's all speculation...fukkin BS!

#16 ·
Gout sucks especially when it flares up.

The one thing that doctors do know is that heavy beer drinkers are extremely likely to get it

#23 ·
Damn that sucks!!! I can kind of relate, I have calcium buildup in between my ribs and every so often it will give me razor sharp pain for a few minutes. I tend to spaz out and quit breathing cuz the lung expansion make it worse.

I couldn't imagine the pain 24/7. Sorry to hear that man....

#36 ·
got 1 day off...

No pain can stop thatLOL
nope..3 times last night,...and twice before I logged on...LOL

Anybody Had Gout? - Powerstroke Nation

Few good suggestions in there Tank. But I'm like you, trying to eat healthy, rarely drink, doctor told me there is really no rhyme or reason to it at all. Said you could have one flare up in your whole life or have it every month for the rest of your life. I haven't had it since the flare up in June, only time I ever had it. Took about 3 weeks to totally feel better.

Take some cherry supplements and some advil, only thing i could find to make it better.
This is my first "flare up"...it blowsssss!

and cut out the shellfish.
eating shellfish is worse than drinking beer for people that suffer from gout.
I know,...problem is....that is the only good thing I've found since I've been stationed in Louisiana..LOL

#34 ·
Anybody Had Gout? - Powerstroke Nation

Few good suggestions in there Tank. But I'm like you, trying to eat healthy, rarely drink, doctor told me there is really no rhyme or reason to it at all. Said you could have one flare up in your whole life or have it every month for the rest of your life. I haven't had it since the flare up in June, only time I ever had it. Took about 3 weeks to totally feel better.

Take some cherry supplements and some advil, only thing i could find to make it better.

#42 ·
I have a buddy that suffers pretty bad with gout.... He uses Allopurinol and recommends it.

I sure you knew that, but that is his first hand experience.

#43 ·
The word for the day is...

TRAMADOL !!!

Tramadol is used to relieve moderate to moderately severe pain. Tramadol extended-release tablets are only used by people who are expected to need medication to relieve pain around-the-clock for a long time. Tramadol is in a class of medications called opiate agonists. It works by changing the way the body senses pain.

Life is good..a little fuzzy...but definitely GOOOOOOOOD!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.