Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

home made intake

8K views 46 replies 30 participants last post by  Power Smoker 
#1 ·
See less See more
#5 ·
Yes I was going to run doug's but I ran out of money, got this piece of steel for $20. That's along ways from 1k. I would have loved to use his and this winter when I save the money I'll look into it, for now this is what I can afford lol

#6 ·
That looks alot like what wanye at elite did on his old truck, i was thinking of doing the same, but my charger sits to close, im going to have to do a header style intake i think if anything.

Nice work man, i love how you do things i would totally do :hehe:

#8 ·
Hell ya...... aint nothing wrong with that man..

#20 ·
that's getting it done Shawn! nice man!
little grind and buff and you can pass it off as Doug's intake ;)

#33 ·
If I had the means I already would have. it made a HUGE difference in the seat of the pants on murphy. I was running my prototype in texas when she ran 12.1 @ 115. not bad for 7900# considering the comparatively conservative mods it had. The pics are of the beginning stages of building my prototype. I ran separate runners and connected them with a y pipe. You could connect the inlets any where you want though. I was doing it this way to use the stock intercooler pipe for testing purposes here though.

Now the cat's out of the bag, here's my stuff when I was setting it up. Yes, it cleared the hood fine. That's a GT 42 I was running as well. I laid the tubing down low so I wouldn't run into issues fitting the injector sockets in place. It sat a full inch lower than stock and flowed way better. I just trimmed down stock mounting bolts, and o-ringed them. No leaky-leaky. I'll be using a set of these on my new shop project twin turbo twin hpop 6.0 single cab I hope to have at the elite diesel nationals if I can get it together in time. otherwise I'll have it at topeka for world finals. We'll see how it goes though.

#22 ·
you still have the bolts running through to F up the airflow. you could however drill the top holes big enough to get in with a socket and use short bolts like GoGo. you would then need to thread the top holes and fill them with short plugs. then silver aluminum paint to finish off an we're good to go.

#24 ·
i would be a little concerned about the airflow right at the front there. would almost think you'd be better off picking up a few mandrel bent exhaust pieces from summit of jegs and fab that up to blend into the runners.

#25 ·
nice! who cares what it looks like when u get that thing stuffed back in the truck, u cant see anything anyway, i found that out when i painted my motor all nice last time i got it back in, and i was like man that sucks lol:doh:

#28 ·
Have you ever seen the inside of a stock intake and how restrictive they are?

#29 ·
The height of that intake. Do the injectors still connect?

As long as you block the return to the front cover, figure out an alternator mount that won't throw the belt. and keep it below the injector connectors you will be alright.

But I did replot your dots for the lids that we talked about and Ivan as well.

#31 ·
It dont matter what it looks like as long as it works...

I think it will look good once it has been welded out, grinded smooth and painted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.