#2 ·
hurry up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 ·
WTF???

Why would you post crap like this?

"wooo someone I know is pissed about something... Wait and see"

gay...

#5 ·
Get over it. He was supposed to make a thread about it last night, but didn't...this was to motivate him to get off his butt and get it posted up.

If you don't like the type of thread that I made, (which was a spinoff of dirtboy's thread) then don't read it. You can preview the thread without spending your precious time clicking, reading, and then giving your opinion on it.

...almost forgot :poke:

#8 ·
Alright guys, im hereLOL

Long story short i got my ass walked all over by jason in his 02 on 18's/33's once...twice...three times...four...hell you get the idea:mad:

Im not dead yet Jason:tree:

#9 ·
Were at roughly the same mileage ~220k

Mines a late 99 with 6637, 5" ex, and a ghetto resistor mod. Sittin on Hankook 285 M/T's. Real chips still sittin at my parents.. I know...

His is an 02/03, i forgot, with a 6637, 4" ex, matts tunes..sittin on a level kit, 18's and 33's. He needs a HPOP and has a horrible uppipe leak.

I just baaaarely beat him jackin around with the resistor and he was in stock. Every other time he had me by truck lenghts. I didnt throw any codes or anything last night my truck just flat fell on its face all the time.

Im stumped on why?? My truck runs great to me, just slower than a snail

#10 ·
What is there to be stumped about? you ran him in his stock mode while you were fiddlin with your 10k mod.

Get a chip and then compare his and your truck. It's not like you've dumped 7k into your truck and still get outran by a COMPLETE stock truck with tunes.

I doubt your tires had anything to do with it. IIRC his 33's would be 0.2" taller than yours assuming your tires are 285/75's

#11 ·
This was all stock to stock..

sorry if i didnt clarify..im not that damn ignorant:poke:

How is a truck with 18's and 33's just walking on me like nothing in STOCK programming..all he has is shift points in his "stock" setting

#12 ·
Shift points can help alot. I know when i had my chip sent off a couple weeks ago I forgot how bad it was with stock shifting. It just wasn't right. Your trans will slip more, with a chip the line pressured can be bumped up and transplant that power better through the trans.

Just because it's a "stock" setting doesn't mean it has "stock" programming. Im not a programming expert by any means and i hope someone that is can tune in and help you out.

But.... I would assume that PW and timing along with ICP are all tuned to give max output while still having "stockish" power output to control EGT's and smoke. :shrug:

#13 ·
Or on other thought, like my truck yours was built on a monday morning. I had the same questions in my thread about the same problem.

Other things to look at is how healthy your HPOP, turbo, oil, and fuel system is.

Just by changing oil and fuel filter i can tell quite a bit of difference in driveability and response.

#14 ·
The 02 came stock with more ponies than the 99.5 from the factory. 285 vs 265 I think.

#16 ·
coolest story EVER!!!!

#17 ·
Im not to worried about it..his times comin

I had fun and nothing broke for either of us...

#23 ·
Our 99.5 says- 250
Our 02 says- 250.

I read the valvecovers.

Shall I receive a smartass comment now?

Our 99.5 had 1700 ICP and a dying turbo but we could still pull quite a few folks, Cummins, Strokers... Can't wait for the goodies to arrive lol.

Got to love a little "street-legal" fun

#27 ·
Prove it...

take a picture of the "250bhp" on the valve cover...:blah:

#25 ·
It's actually a 2.2k, and yes I have real tunes sitting back at home, but that's was the only way I beat him. His stock tune with shift strats vs my 2.2k. 2wd launches at 10 psi..

I'll safely say I pulled on him all the way up to ~85 mph. Tad under 1300* EGTS, mid 20's on boost.

I'm not truck stupid and I feel comfortable saying my truck runs good for it's age/miles but dam his is a beast! Lol

#26 ·
Not suprised at the results. My stock tune on my swamps chip has more power and shifts better than my factory pcm tune.

#31 ·
I have never seen a 2000 or later with a 250bhp on the valve covers... They were no rated that way in the literature...

Interesting...

#36 ·
I lol'd at that ad... I wish I could have found that one before I bought mine!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.