Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

who do you 6.0 guys call?

2K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  Dave 
#1 ·
besides ghost busters. dad has a 6.0 and wants to build up the trans, and i wanna put a 5r110 in my 7.3 who do you have build them, bts website says they do e4od and 4r100, so who is your bts?

#4 ·
:whs:The 4r100 is a better tranny than the 6.0s,but the stock 6.0 converter is better than the 4r100,which will fit in the 4r100 with an adapter.

#7 ·
its not that im knocking a 4r, just liked the way dads truck shifts when it pulls, granted its a 6.0 with a 5r110, but not having such a large drop in rpm when pulling appeals to me, im not gonna turn this truck up drastically, just a little, make pulling my loaders and what not around easier, and wouldn't closer shifts do that? along with stage 1 or 2's, and maybe a 38r, with some supporting mods. i dont need 2 kagillion hp like some ppl, just wanna make it easier to pull. a little smoke when sitting at the light to fog out the guy stopped next to you at the light that just cut you off is just a added bonus

#11 ·
NADP is who I would go with, no questions asked. I've heard good about Suncoast too.

#17 ·
its not how much power, its how much he pulls with it and how hard he is on them, when we get loaded and move chit, say round bales for instance, there are 13 to 15 bales at approx 1800 to 2k a piece on trailer, plus one in truck, coming out of a field, even in 4lo, its tough, but when it hits the road, gotta go bak to 2hi, have bout 4 miles to haul them, and aint none of it flat, its all hills. but when you have tree service, farm, and have live stock, plus crane business, time is not something you have lots of, so you make the most of what you have. we are currently getting a f-450, but thats mostly cuz hes tired of replacing rubber bottom stops on suspension,

#18 ·
5r's also have less line pressure than 4r's.

#21 ·
Sorry Dave,i lack knowledge on the 6.0 trannys.:doh:

#22 ·
If everything goes as planned I should be pushing about 500rwhp thru my stock 5r in spring:bowfast:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.