Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel Power Challenge 2011

11K views 86 replies 28 participants last post by  jdgleason 
#1 ·
I have the form in front of me right now and am thinking really hard about it. My goal was to have the EX with the DT360 in it with the 45r and 55 built and finished before TS next year so why not this as well right??? The only thing is I don't think I can get the Scheid pump by then so I will only have at most 700cc which I dont think will spool those turbos. Plus there will be almost no testing at the track time because most of the tracks do not open till right before TS.

Should I do it or wait a year till its more proven and has some miles on it, and the bigger pump?

#14 ·
Correct...

After doing it myself, im glad i did it when i did, but it also has to be proven, i showed up VERY under powered compared to others, but part of the reason i got 6th was because the truck stayed together, part also why i didnt do better, is because i didnt have a lot of time (1-2 hours) on a pretty large turbo, that me, and the truck wasnt used to... needless to say second to last place on the dyno killed me... i sometimes wish i would have waited till i had everything set in stone, pro-charger, more fuel ect, but i wouldnt take it back, and i would love to help someone next year, because i want more than anything to see a ford on top...

#6 ·
I'd say wait one more year. There have been quite a few guys enter in past years that lost, but if they had waited a year or so til their setups were a bit farther along and were more proven they would have done better in the DPC. Plus without much time on it, it would really suck to be trying to work out bugs at the DPC. Plus if your already planning to have quite a bit more power the following year then why not enter when the truck can run faster, pull better, and dyno better????

#9 ·
Are you sure they'd pick a non factory available engine? Heck you could put a 466 in a superduty and build it to 1200 hp on fuel and it theoretically should whoop everybodies ass... just saying :poke:

#10 ·
Actually the final number with the Scheid pump should be 1300 or Its getting pulled and getting a 6.4 or 6.7.

No, I don't know if they would or not but it doesn't hurt to try..Plus this is something I am kinda worried about when I drag it, because that is what I am building it for. I am pretty sure that I will be thrown into sled classes like run what ya brung and the like. But I really want to race this thing and not be treated like a cheater.

I see both sides as good points of view. Thanks for the honesty.

#16 ·
What i think has a chance to win would be a ford that weighs 7300-7500 lbs, makes good torque (twin turbos or a procharger) RUNS low 11s or high 10s , and can move a sled, without bouncing without hanging weight.

Fords are heavy, and the drag racing/trailer tow, is crucial, it also takes a mellow driver, who can handle pressure.

Im being serious if someone gets picked, i will help them practice before the event. lucky for me i had done boosted lanuches with a trailer (got third) and i had sled pulled, so anyone that goes into it really needs to have experience at everything, including running on a load dyno... i pretty much know what i did wrong on the dyno. I think the trucks that are going to have the best chance are 6.0s and 6.4s to be honest...

#27 ·
Overall, I thought dpc was a lot of fun. I just wish i could come back....lol Maybe they can come up with another event but for past competitors!

I should of pushed mine a lot harder instead of being so conservative. It was still a pretty new setup to me and it actually had way more in it, I could of pushed it another 150hp/300 trq. My trailer tow was horrible imo, I was way to easy on it and i should of practiced before i left. Sled pull was crap, and broke at 190ft.

Just go prepared with a well proven setup and better bring a reliable 1,000 hp to have a chance for 1st. Don't wait to the last second to make big changes.

#28 ·
Overall, I thought dpc was a lot of fun. I just wish i could come back....lol Maybe they can come up with another event but for past competitors!

I'm figuring everybody that's been in it thinks that! LOL

#33 ·
I keep staring at the form contemplating and thinking what I would need to do to get that pump faster. Unless I can spray the smaller pump past 1k I dont think it will get there. I am working every angle to get the cash flowing toward the truck. If I can get the rotating assem done reasonable or don't run the second charger and just spray the hell out of it. (the 55 cost almost as much as the pump) or find it used it might just happen. I could always go south for a couple days to run at some tracks....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.