Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

black wheels

714 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TxFireman1972 
#1 ·
im lookin at getting some wheels in flat black. my only concern is i travel alot in the winter and i am afraid of the wear the salt and cinders will cause. anyone have problems or do you guys just run a different winter set?

#3 ·
I have the flat black KMC Monsters on my truck. They are kind of a pain in the butt to keep clean because of the texture of the wheels. Between the brake dust and the salty Gulf air here....I have to keep them clean or they really start looking bad. I actually just recently had a rear brake caliper explode on me. When it did, it covered my rear wheel in hot brake fluid and metal shavings and ruined it. I replaced it with a new one, so I'm gonna take the bad one and have it powdercoated gloss black and see how I like it. Hopefully with the glossy finish they will be easier to clean. Plus it will be something different than all the other Monsters out there.

#4 ·
Here is a picture of the wheel after I pulled the little plastic "bolts" out to get it ready for powdercoat. Maybe you can see the texture I'm talking about:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.