Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Well, I'm *ALMOST* done...

4K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  Southwest Dually 
#1 ·
Took a bit over 3 days... in 100+ degree heat. :doh:

And holy crap... I'm tired.

See less See more
#7 ·
on my obs, the front frame above the front IFS was just a frame. then i look at 4x4 obs frames and they look like they have an extra plate on the front part of the frame where the front suspension rest on. my sd has it.

i just didnt know if it applied to sd frames as well. since i never looked at or had a 2wd sd.

#9 ·
Took a bit over 3 days... in 100+ degree heat. :doh:

And holy crap... I'm tired.
So is this what they call a shade-tree mechanic? LOL

looks good and plenty of hard work I bet. Shoulda had Cat Rebel come on over to help out, he could probably do the swap in his sleep now :ford:

#13 ·
Probably not. I think those are the best stock wheels out there. I've only had them for 11 years... ;)

:poke: Bout time !! Which establishment were you eating at casa ritas ,ghingis grill, I forget the others there.
Casa Rita's. About time? I didn't see you calling to help out! It took me 3 10 hour days by myself to install it. Plus 1 day to build out the d60.

FordSuperDuty05 (Randall): Helped out about 6 hours total. Mostly grabbing tools and showing him how things work.

Tony Wildman: About 2 hours breaking down the old suspension from the junk frame.

Scarlet Nape (John): About 3 hours. Running me around for tools, and mounting the front spring perch (with springs).

Special thanks to..

Hardline (JJ): About 2 hours with travel time. Dropped off a pair of 12 ton adjustable stands and helped finish up the gear box/pitman arm change out. It ALWAYS helps to have a heavy equipment repairman as a friend. Seeing his F550 box truck pull up is good feeling.

I have all the knowledge and skill to do this conversion... but I was missing a few tools and his truck has just about everything.

looks good Dirk! and it even looks like you washed your truck sometime in the last few weeks too!!
Yep. after 2 years, I thought it was time to wash her a bit. Only spent 2 bucks. :pointlaugh:

#28 ·
Whats the point of 2 wd. I didnt even know they made em 2WD, lol stupid Michiganders anyway. Nice choice though! looks good

#29 ·
Great job! Awesome to see a conversion take place! So what if it didnt come from the factory like that? We'll make it happen! LOL!

The only thing I found pesky about dropping in 4-wheel, was removing the factory pressed slugs on the 2-wheel brackets.. What a headache! This was on my OBS, so I dont know if SD have them as well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.