Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

EBP Tube Busted...

5K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  Marty 
#1 ·
Noticed some soot on my HPO reservoir yesterday and realized my EBP tube had a 1/4" hole in it. Anyone know what my options are? I'm thinking I'll just cut it off and leave the sensor hooked to the cut-off piece and lay it somewhere in the valley for now. My question is, does anyone know what fittings I need for now to plug the ebp hole coming from the manifold? One looks like pipe and the other AN...

#2 ·
That is exactly what it is on the manifold a pipe to AN adapter.

#8 ·
I have a lot more access to AN fittings. Anyone know what size that is? Is it 3/8AN? Looks bigger than 1/4.
Turn your head to the side so the squint goes up and down:doh:

#10 ·
IIRC someone said that the EBP sensor is used in fueling. IF that is so, we might not want it to be done.

#12 ·
I think it was Bill at PHP that was saying how important it was for this sensor to get it's reading for fueling. But then I read a lot of stuff where people are doing away with it. So obviously if it has a hole in it, as a temp fix plugging it won't hurt anything more than a hole in it would. But for the long term, what is affected by doing away with this sensor? Is it hurting performance, mileage, both?

#14 ·
It doesn't cost that much to fix, a couple of the sponsors have what you need. This discourse reminds me of the MAP arguments of a year or so ago. Some use the relief valve others program the puter to harness its values. Just a thought, but asking the tuner who writes your tables would not be a waste of time at all.

#16 ·
It has been doing that for a while already. What is a couple more days?

#22 ·
When I first bought my truck I drove it like 6k in a few weeks. I was in Greenville SC getting ready to hit the highway, then lights started flashing all over the dash. I had not started my membership here yet and all I had was my superchips. So I read it and it gave me the EBS and the GOR code. I was freaking out cause I just bought it and it seemed to run just fine still. Made the rest of the trip to ATL then back to VA. Got it off and it had rusted right through ( the tube that is). I am sure it had been that way for a while, but who knows really. Either way, fixing both did not have any effect on the way the motor ran. Might it now after I more than doubled the HP, I don't know. But as stated above, BP in AE can be of use in High HP conditions (twins more than likely than single). But if you are using David's tunes, he knows it best. this is not an opinion, just some anecdotal evidence with the part in question.

#23 ·
Just put a 1/4" pipe plug in it for now.

Get the new tube and reinstall the old fitting or get a new one.

#24 ·
Back in the day us cool kids used a t with the MAP to let it read boost. Seemed to make it run better on top and stopped from setting a soft code. I run such mild programs now it is back reading EBP with no problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.