Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Rev-x oil additive test trucks needed

99K views 220 replies 63 participants last post by  1970something 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys, a while back I did a completely independent test of Rev-x oil treatment to 10 6.0 powerstrokes to see how it handled some of the oil related issues with them. We used 10 random trucks from Florida to Alaska and all with cold start injector issues. After running it for a while we had those guys tell their results, good or bad. All 10 trucks got rid of their cold start issues, and saw improvements in multiple ways their trucks ran.

I have used it for nearly a year now in my truck, this summer I put it in both boat motors and drives, and picked up 1.5 mph on GPS...(that's huge in a 32' boat). I am a huge skeptic, but I really liked this stuff. Well long story short, I became a dealer for it. I would like to try a test on the 7.3 engine also, and am willing to send 2 bottles at my cost to 10 trucks with the expectation that you try it out, and post back with results, good or bad. Its not cheap at $32.95/ bottle, (first application takes 2 then one per oil change is recommended), but I have been able to extend my oil change intervals by double since using it with a oil analysis, so its saving me money.

If your interested in trying it, I would like you to PM me and I will get you set up. I'm gonna ask that you have more than a few post on here, because I am spending a small fortune on this test, and really want to know your thoughts, good or bad. I have heard plenty of people say its snake oil, and I will admit my first thoughts were, "snake oil", but if it is, apparently my truck and the other 10 trucks we tested last year run really good on snake oil.

Thanks

Tim

"On Edit: Thanks for those that volunteered to test the Rev-X. We have all the trucks we need and are no longer looking for additional trucks for testing"

Thanks.

See less See more
#4 ·
I'll stay out of this one since I was one of the original 10 testers. But I will be giving you a shout for a bottle pretty soon

#8 ·
Tanks, your a 6.0, we know it works in those, but thanks.

Thanks Dave.

I have enough trucks right now. If you sent me a PM, I got it. I got about 100. LOL Anyway, I will contact you in a day or so and let you know your in on it. I will be sending out 2 bottles to you and would like you to do it after an oil change if you have an issue, (don't want it to possibly be the oil change made the difference), or mid oil cycle. If you want to change the oil, do it, see how it runs, THEN add the Rev-x after a few hundred miles.

#9 ·
I had just around 800 miles left on my last oil change before I added the Rev-X you sent me Tim. Not only did it solve the cold start/injector problems I was having and decrease the amount of time the truck needed to "warm up" but I also extended that oil change for another 2500 miles beyond my normal interval, that's what made me a firm believer in it. That method really opened my eyes to this stuff, so it could be another way of testing it:confused:

#10 ·
I guess im out. I just found this. I had asked you about it on FB.

Ill be staying tuned on the results.

#25 ·
I might be interested in buying some of this stuff, but... It seems it's only available in the states, this irks me a bit since I can't even try it out for myself. I've got a P.o box in the states, in Linden NJ, and all that but it seems I can't send hazmat materials through them(oils/medicine/fireworks etc etc). Can't find any Rev-x dealers outside of the states either, sent them a mail a couple of days ago, but didn't get any answers yet.

Well, let's just say if I buy it and I think it's beneficial I'll run it every oil change and I'd probably get a few others to use it too.

So I guess what I'm really asking, what I asked Rev-X anyway, are there any dealers outside of the US for this stuff?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.