Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Disc-Brakes all the way around?

570 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  CAT 
#1 ·
Can't and won't put exhaust brake on my OBS E40D tranny and I still want to slow this thing down especially when I have 2-2 1/2 tons or more behind me pushing me down a 10% slope. How many guys have put Disc brakes on the rear axle of their trucks and how are they preforming?????

#3 ·
Everyone I have talked to says that putting an exhaust brake on a OBS 7.3 with a E40D auto transmission, says that they hardly work because it only has roughly 35lbs back pressure and burns up your transmission and tourqe converter with the possibility of ruining your valves. I have communicated with people from PACBRAKE and one of the local diesel shops and no one recomends putting a exhaust brake on a 7.3 and I have a 1997 F-350 with a E40D so I am just trying to find out what the easiest way to slow down when I am towing. I have also tried to contact John Wood Automotive and get his opinion, but not much response. A lot more information would be extremely appreciated.:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.