Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What kind of tire fits a 6in lift well?

3K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  hypersnyper694788 
#1 ·
i have a 6in lift and am looking for some bigger tires.i have new 16in wheels so i cant get new ones.what tires are yall running with 16in wheels and a 6in lift?kinda leaning towards an All terrain for less road noise and longevity.

#2 ·
37 inch pro comp extreme all terrains, i ran their standard all terrain and they wore like iron and rode like glass. the xtreme version handles snow and mud a lil better.

#4 ·
Nitto makes good all terrains, i wouldn't go much past a 37 though cuz you're gonna be treading on some bad fuel mileage and rough riding

#6 ·
37's and a 4" lift without issue... Cant see how you could not run 37's on a 6" lift...

#10 ·
How wide are your 16" wheels? 8", 10", 12",??? Offset? Backspace? 35" -37"x13.50.

#12 ·
35's look to small on a 6in.I have that combo and it looks like its on pizza cutters.37's might rub a little but I'll just do dome trimming.and the 35's rubbed on my truck with a 4in so I don't see how 37's wouldn't rub unless they were on skinny rims.

#15 ·
about 2 inches

#23 ·
it all depends on your wheels as to what is going to fit. I ran 37's on a 20x10 with 4.5" backspacing and they rubbed for sure. I still ran them for about 25k. Then i went down to a 35x13.50 which i like way better than the 37s. Now that i switched to a 20x12 wheel the 35's rub and yes thats on a 6" lift. Photobucket is not letting me sign in for some reason but i can post some pics of all the rim and tire combinations i have described later on tomorrow or something.

#24 ·
Ive not had any trouble with rubbing except on my 40's. I have 16x12's now from where my wheel contacts the rotors face to the outside of the wheel is 5". My tire is 13.5" wide so the sidewall is straight w/o a bubbly sidewall. I like the way my tires/wheels look and fit 100%. I wouldnt mind going to a 18 or 20" wheel just for the change itself. I have nothing but trouble trying to put pics up on here so the chances are slim....

#28 ·
20x10 w/ 37x13.50 (definitely rubbed)

20x10 w/35x13.50 (did not rub at all also better mpg's, ride and power)

20x12 w/35x13.50 (rub a little)

all on a 6" lift

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.