Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Emergency need of Traction Bars

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  moonshiner 
#1 ·
Soo... Ive put this safety thing off for awhile, and probably need to get it done by this pull im entered in on thursday... soo after looking at the choices i got locally im pretty stumped because there arent many options for these older trucks as far as run-of-the-mill off-road companies i.e. 4wheelparts.com

Looking at fabbin up a set, but wanted to stay away from welding directly onto the axle, since im pretty sure the grease/oil on the inside would lite up, wondering if anyone had creative ideas an pictures on how to bolt on a setup, either below the leafs or above the leafs.
Appreciate it!

#2 ·
get the tuff country ladder bars. under $350 and they bolt right on. those are the ones im gettin

#3 ·
Got down the track tonight with 2 successful pulls (didnt break anything) ended up with a 233ft pull, not bad for a older ford with the tallest and softest suspension in my class.

Does anyone have a ladder bar setup or traction bar setup that they run that they really like? This rig is also driven on the street, so I cant go buck wild and just bolt my axle to my frame like the Country Modified class, or else I would!
Would putting a 1/2" steel bar across my springs and bolting that to the springs then running two beefy square tube pieces up to my frame and bolting them to the frame while also being welded to the plate work as well?

Playing around with some ideas, seeing what can get the job done but can also be removed "easily" or allow the truck to still drive on the street with its same ol' buck-board ride.

#4 ·
Sky makes one here in Oregon, no idea how good it is but it at least looks legit.......

#5 ·
After doing some (alot) of research, I'll prolly go with the ProComp mounting kit for $160 or soo, then will fab up a set of traction bars using fairly thick walled square tube.

#7 ·
Id just make your own, Then you can make em the right length you need and use hiems or johnny joints to get the best articulation. Just what my research has showed me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.