Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

cleaning a window that wont clean

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  JohnT 
#1 ·
hey guys

so i just ripped the tint off my slider because im so fn sick of it always looking dirty. thinking i didnt clean the window enough before tinting it.. clean it with window cleaner.... still looks dirty... clean it with carb clean to make sure all glue is off... still dirty... window cleaner gain... still dirty. yes, i did in and outside.

it's like the glass is stained from dirt or water droplets. how can i get my dam windows to look clean?!?!?!

thanks for the help!

now i got to go get some tint... and re-tint the slider. it has factory, but all the other rear windows have 5%..

#3 ·
on factory tinted glass?

ive tried a list of cleaners... 5 diffrent types of window cleaner, scrubbing cleaners, soft scrub, tile scrub, etc, Prep solvent, carb clean, brake clean, :confused:

ill see if i can find some tonight at walmart, i hate having 1 untinted window... looks :doh:

#9 ·
Thats what i did worked well. I also hit mine with one of those headlught cleaning kits. The staning on mine was so bad that all teh above made it look better still looked like crap in my opinion after a few days so now i have a big company logo across the back in perforated vynil... no more back window...LOL

#10 ·
steel wool and sum wax works well

#11 ·
another vote for steel wool

#13 ·
Next time you have to get tint glue residue off windows, use clay bar! I tried everything(that isn't powerful enough to screw up my interior), and clay bar made taking the residue off a breeze. Spray on Final Detailer, and just wipe with clay bar. You just watch the residue come off as you wipe. The best way to get clay bar is to get it without the "special" solution. Just get Final Detailer and get the clay bar separate if you can find it. Same exact stuff but way cheaper.

As for the "dirt" windows 000 steel wool, AFTER trying clay bar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.