Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

GT42 and 300/300

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Marty 
#1 ·
Do ya'll think thats a pretty good combo? I was thinking the GT4294 (the journal bearing one) and some casserly built 300/300 hybrids. I know I'd have to run the 2.8 class also which is where I wanted to be anyways. What's yalls opinions.

#3 ·
It should run really good, but its not gonna be close to cleaning up IMO.
Mine are 340/200 and the s-400 75/88 doesnt begin to clean it up in the hotter settings. powersmokers 80/88 doesnt either. Runs great, but theres alot of leftover fuel. 300% is gonna be nasty!

#5 ·
Still gonna street drive it? If so, I would do the 200%. Its about at my limit as far as smoke free/ still fun. I've never had 300% so no idea there , but I would think it'd be kinda smokey. It still tows decent with 15,000 or so in the tow program. Not ideal, but works good. Detuned to my butt-o-meter about 350 rwhp I'd say.
Cranked up still makes probably 625-650 honest hp at the wheels.Never dynoed this setup, but its makin power, no doubt there. The water adds maybe 40-60 or so more hp. Nitrous makes it pretty nasty.:D
All out comp? go with the 300 by all means.

#7 ·
Yeah I still have to drive it as my daily until I get out of college in 2012 but after that its gonna be an all competition truck. with the 250s what nozzle size would you recommend?

#10 ·
The BFH is what I have. 75/88, and nope. It wont clean up the 200% nozzles. Maybe if you compounded it with something much bigger.
Or throw a supercgarger in the mix with it, but by itself, no.
Unless maybe swamps has a much larger version, but then it would be unstreetable IMO.

#14 ·
From what I hear the ball bearing option isn't worth the extra coin on this turbo.

#15 ·
I'd also say call Dave@ swamps before choosing a turbo. I think he told me of a gt42 ball bearing turbo not being happy at all with similar injectors.
I believe he said it was making some weird noises.

Could be wrong though, but its worth a call. Journal bearing may be a better choice sometimes.

#17 ·
Ya the s400's are a popular combo with large hybrids. s475, s480 are a few that come to mind.

#18 ·
Isn't that what the BFH is based off of? Are there any other sponsors on there selling/dealing with those turbos?

#19 ·
i never had a problem clearing up 200% nozzles to just a haze w/ a h2e. and the smoke is not thick at all w/ the even bigger ones i got now, just look at my avatar.

#20 ·
Been thinking more and more about just getting a BFH to handle it all plus the mounting would be easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.