Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Gauges installed!!!

4K views 46 replies 12 participants last post by  06-sixoh 
#1 ·
First of all... Thank you very much Travis! You were a tremendous help, hell you did most of it for me. All I really did was fight the bowl, and I think it won!!!

Anyhow. I ordered the GlowShift Tinted 7 Color Gauges, and so far I am pleased. The installed was pretty easy, for the most part. I did have to trim off a couple notches in my OEM pillar to make room for the deep gauges, but that was a jiff with the dremel. I had an issue with the fuel bowl, the allen plug did not want to come loose, but I finally got it with a pair of channel locks. I had to fight to get the sender in, and when I finally did, i cracked the dang bowl. Thank god for JB weld, so I could get home. Surprisingly enough, it is holding. So if anybody has a fuel bowl assembly for a 2006 6.0, HAND IT OVER!!! Im looking for one quick status, might even overnight!

I shot a couple of picture, the night ones are blurry as hell becuase my camera wasnt cooperating, but you get the idea.

See less See more
#3 ·
i really like those gauges.

#5 ·
Just happen to have a fuel/oil filter housing laying around. Gauges look good man. Look just like mine.

#6 ·
I like the gauges. The work really well, from what I can tell. Im glad I went with the fuel pressure gauge, because I was able to monitor my fuel pressure when driving home after I cracked my bowl.

Also, 06powerstroke helped me do the high idle mod too... sweet... Ive already used it when I didnt need to... hahahahaha

#7 ·
Those gauges look great at night! It was good to meet you and your family Bryant! I forgot to take you for a 4WD launch in my 6.0, lol. Those GS gauges are actually fairly nice. They seem well built, the only cheap part was the sendersLOL. For you guys on a budget I wouldn't be afraid to buy glowshift...

#9 ·
I can laugh at that now that Im home and safe, and I seem to have found a bowl. LOL. Just so you know, Im getting ready to order the billet cap. Remember when I asked you if there was a benifit to having the cap versus the adapter? Now we know....

The gauges look great. My wife had me driving home last night with two of the blue, and one green. I guess she thought it was christmas tree or something. The quality seems nice. 06powerstroke has seen the ISSPRO and AM gauges, and he says these are decent for a budget. So I recommend too!

Thanks everybody for the compliments

#11 ·
Are you kidding me? whoa, thats pretty hard! BFD, are you DF? i used to be with my old truck...

#13 ·
DF= dodge forum

#14 ·
Nice gauges. I plan on buying some of those exact ones very soon. That just helped my decision...although the problems you had kinda scare me....if there is going to be a problem, I'll find it.

#16 ·
Derrick, Im telling you, just soend the extra $40 and get the billet cap. It looks better, and eliminates all the issues I had. Other tha my mistake, the install went pretty good, I had my electrician, erm.... wiring it all. LOL

The gauges are great. Oh 06powerstroke.... I dont need the hoods. They are bright in the daylight plenty enough!!!

#17 ·
I went with the ole billit cap myself. Pretty easy that way.

#21 ·
That thing went up $66 from the time you posted it to the time I clicked it

although that was the oil cap....I know which one you meant though...thanks

#22 ·
hahahaha, did I post the wrong one? LOL My bad

#24 ·
good looking gauges thats for sure

#26 ·
No kidding? I will PM him right now. Most likely order the cap in the next couple of days. I found them on dieselmanor for about $50.

That must be an AM fuel sender. That compartment looks familiar. LOL.

#28 ·
First, welcome to PSN...

Second, how are you sure everything is "dead on"? Not trying to be a dick but just wondering. FWIW, I am the one who helped him install his glowshift gauges and they really impressed me, but I have no way to tell if the are accurate they truly are...

#31 ·
Thanks man, I really appreciate you thowing me under the bus with my sender. I would trade for the AM in a heartbeat. The GS one is the size of an inline fuel filter. You know, one that you would run as a secondary filter that is clear. Yea, big. You will see pictures when I finally get it all back together. hahaha

$25!!!!! That is pretty danged cheap!!! Is it billet? what kind of material?

#32 ·
#33 ·
hahaha, yea I guess so! You know, I called the dealership about ordering all new O-rings and gaskets for the oil filter bowl, and you will never believe how much they wanted to charge! $250!!! :eek:

#34 ·
That is ridiculous...

#35 ·
Tell me about it. You know if I would have had to buy all the parts from the dealership, I would be be spending $1000. LOL. Freaking dealership. Sure are proud of their parts arent they?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.