Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

wheel lifts (repo units) for pick ups

9K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Powerstrokin444 
#1 ·
i have been looking into a couple different kinds of wheel lifts for my '99 f-350 i like the Sniper and Z Series, both fully auto and hidden leaving the bed, tail gate and hitch fully functional. i was wondering if anyone had any personal experance with either of these units or any other simular, pros, cons, likes, dislikes, etc. also my truck is single rear wheel. i would be installing the rear air bag suspension kit to compensate for the extra weight. thanks Jay p.s. check out detroit wrecker.com to see units.

#4 ·
do you have some more details on the truck? and how much you asking?

#3 ·
My concern with a single rear wheel is overloading the tires when you have a vehicle on board. With the added weight of the recovery unit then add the weight of the front of the repossessed vehicle on a long lever like the sniper unit you refer to my bet is your rear tires will be VERY overloaded unless you have some very heavy duty rear tires on appropriately rated rims.

#5 ·
does any one know if these units will interfear with a fifth wheel?

#7 ·
i know there is a guy by me has a 3500 chevy dually with a wheel lift underneath where the receiver would be, still hauls a 5th wheel, personally with towing experience i dont like some of the in the bed ones, the sling sucks, causes too much damage to the front bumper on these newer vehicles

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.