Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

check valve source

2K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Dirk 
#1 ·
For those of you that have done the dual SD pumps were are you sourcing the check valves? Everything I have found is a hard line application.
TIA

#2 ·
check mcmaster carr, i found some on there to handle 3000psi and they have npt threads, from there you can run a npt to jic fitting. if thats the route you are going. you trying to build your own big oil?

#3 ·
Think he is talking fuel... but I could be wrong.

#4 ·
oops, well mcmaster carr has check valves for that too. im not running a check valve though, i thought the pumps had them internally. i have noticed that my pressure drains off to about 20psi when i shut it down.

#5 ·
No, they are to keep fuel from back flowing if one of your pumps fail. Since my system will be buil with hose, I will keep a couple small pairs of vise grips in the truck to do the same thing.

#9 ·
Mine are in series... Seems to be working fine with one new pump and one used pump. LOL

Holds solid 60psi with 250/200's...

#11 ·
Yes. The only time it will be "worked" is if the first pump cant handle it. It also helps draw out of the two mic filter...

#12 ·
I would be careful, unless you regulate that pressure into the second pump you could develop some leak issues.it's bad enough that the ULSD is wreaking havoc on our seals, over loading the system will only amplify the situation. trust me, I am the diesel leak king and it sucks!

#16 ·
Well I guess I will carry a section of hose for now. Its been that way for about 5k now, I like it so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.