Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

MAG 2 cycle oil

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  DieselPower1966 
#1 ·
Hey all,

my buddy gave me a gal of MAG Marine TC-W3 2 cycle motor oil, it's from Wally World, it doesn't say ashless on it. is it o.k. to mix this with my diesel fuel? if so what ratio.

thanks
John

#2 ·
tc - w3 is the rating for ashless, i run 1oz per gal, some on here use 1/2 oz.. i just put a qt in @ fill up

#7 ·
i used to run diesel kleen every tank with 2 stroke but after reading some test results i believe diesel kleen every tank is a waste of money(overkill) ! i have been running 2 stroke every tank for over 2 years now with zero problems !

#11 ·
Thanks. Does anything in the PSD fuel system need lubrication? I run either 2T oil or powerservice in my IDI, but its got that old mechanical stayndyne pump that definitely likes the lube. I guess I figured that the injection system on the PSD's didn't rely on lubrication from the fuel (but I'm also new to psds).

My IDI does get slightly better (but consistently so) mpg with powerservice in the fuel. Its just enough that I save just a little $$ by running it IIRC. I haven't check mpg with 2t oil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.